2.5 weight Cartridge Fork oil? XR650R

1 reply to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted October 27, 2004 - 03:20 PM

I'm going to try the 2.5 oil again. I've gone from 5 weight to 2.5 weight and back to 5 weight. I couldn't tell any difference when I switched to the 2.5, I studied the fork oil bottle and it said "2,5W", which I assumed was 2.5 weight oil. It's that fancy bottle from Switzerland(I can't remember the name). I'm starting to think 2,5W isn't the same as 2.5weight?
Anyway, the only 2.5weight oil I could fine is Golden Spectro 85/150 Cartridge Fork Oil. Is "cartridge fork oil" ok in the stock XR forks? I don't think they're cartridge forks?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted October 27, 2004 - 07:17 PM

You have cartridge forks on your XR650R! The fluid you have is it. Some use 75/375 for racing in 110+ degree weather to stop fadding. That's what I have...but, I ride in 120 degree weather when I am stupid. Well all the time then.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.