Battery Tender

7 replies to this topic
  • RELL

Posted October 27, 2004 - 04:18 AM

Just want to know the model number of battery tender which you guy's think is best for the WR450

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 27, 2004 - 05:36 AM

I have the 12V Battery Tender Plus model. I have the one with plugs you leave on the bike and connect to your bikes and rotate them so you can keep all your bikes charged up. Great product. :cry:

• PBDBLUE

Posted October 27, 2004 - 06:49 AM

The Battery Tender Jr charge rate actually meets the recommended battery charge specs (0.75A @ 12V) a little better. Sealed lead acid batteries don't like high charge rates. I've been using the Jr for almost a year now on the 450 and it's worked very well. You can get one here for $19.95 -> AZ Motorsports.
Either charger will work but the Junior is more than adequate, cheaper and probably a little gentler on the battery. BTW - It also comes with the detachable harness.

• RELL

Posted October 27, 2004 - 11:17 PM

Thanks guys,
can i set up the tender junior so i can just plug charger leads to the battery via seperate leads,so i don't have to remove my seat maybe through the airbox.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 28, 2004 - 12:29 AM

The JR comes with one quick connect ring terminal harness. You can order extras as an option for more bikes. check out there web site at www.batterytender.com

• jwriott

Posted October 28, 2004 - 04:32 AM

I have a Plus on my CBR and I've also got the Yausa push button indicator so you know it's charged. :cry:

• PBDBLUE

Posted October 28, 2004 - 05:52 AM

Thanks guys,
can i set up the tender junior so i can just plug charger leads to the battery via seperate leads,so i don't have to remove my seat maybe through the airbox.

When I first put the harness on my 450 I just tucked the connector behind the airbox cover and that worked well. Since then I extended the wires and located it behind the number plate (I don't have a headlight on the bike). Easy access and when it's not connected to the charger I use it as a 12 volt power source for things like my GPS. The mating connector is available at any auto parts store.

• Gadsen

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:25 PM

I picked up several trickle chargers from Dennis Kirk, item number 28982 and it comes with one pigtail connector. I bought lots more pigtails (29983) and I have a pigtail on everything I have with a battery, ie quad, WR450F, KLR650, both CT90's, riding lawn mower and I bought an extra pigtail and installed plain old battery charger ends so I can charge a battery on the bench too. I used this one (from Parts Unlimited) because it has a switch to do 6V or 12V, both trail 90's are 6 volt, so this was perfect. Its no bigger than a cell phone charger, and the pigtails stay on the bikes, you just plug it in and walk! Cost was $11.95, but it may be about $13 now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.