04 yz450 = painfull wrists

21 replies to this topic
  • Geezerx

Posted November 02, 2004 - 04:47 PM

If he is landing rear wheel first, I wonder if the front end is 'slapping down' when it lands. If that is the case, he might be chasing his tail trying to fix that issue. Maybe it is just me, but I have never found a setting to deal with front end slap. Has anyone else found setting that eliminate the harshness of front end slap?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JakeAcab

Posted November 02, 2004 - 07:19 PM

I dunno if this will help at all, but you can put a zip tie around the fork tube to see just how far it is compressing. Then just bottom the forks off the track with straps or something and compare how far down it goes.

I've seen that done several times on street bikes out of curiousity and it will work the same way on a dirt bike.

Great idea. And I think your just landing wrong. My wrists dont hurt ever. except from armp pump.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.