direct front brake cable routing

3 replies to this topic
  • CBreaken

Posted October 26, 2004 - 05:01 PM

Well I compared my buddies 05 yz450f front fork guards with direct brake cable routing to my 04, and they do NOT swap over. I saw on here though that the someone was able to do this swap between an 05 250f and an 04 250f. I was wondering if any knows if the 05 250f's front fork guards will swap over to the 04 450's forks? Maybe the 250 didn't get the new twin chamber forks so it might work? Thanks in advance.

• Satch0922

Posted October 26, 2004 - 06:22 PM

the 250F did get the twin chamber forks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CBreaken

Posted October 26, 2004 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the reply Satch. I ended up ordeing the lightspeed CR style brake kit, after finding a thread about this on the yz25f board, basicly none of the 05 fork guards fit on the older forks. Thanks again.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 26, 2004 - 07:07 PM

The fork guards are a different shape altogether for 05, I don't know if they'll work on an older bike or not. Besides, the 05 stock clamp is kind of cheesy. What you want is one of these:

Posted Image

PM member oldblue here or dig around on Ebay. I think I paid 15 bucks shipped for mine.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.