yamalube 4r 10w-50

3 replies to this topic
  • cojo

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:27 PM

i picked up a couple quarts of this because the dealer said that it was a good oil. now im sure all oils are good, being they are used what they are meant for, but this oil isnt in the manual. so basically i want to know if this is a safe oil to use on my 04 yz450f?

• bluerider450

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:32 PM

its not a bad oil in my manual the oil you use is recomanded at certain temps and 10 50 is just as good as 10 40 unless you ride in colder weather

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpy79

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:52 PM

That's what I use in my 426 :cry: Do a search on oil and you will find more information than you ever wanted :cry:

• CBreaken

Posted October 26, 2004 - 04:55 PM

I've been using that stuff in my bike since it was new and have had no problems with it. The thing I don't get is the manual. On the US part it specifies 20w-50 or so, and on the international spec. it calls for 10w-40 across the board. What gives? Are US oils different?

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.