yamalube 4r 10w-50

3 replies to this topic
  • cojo

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:27 PM

i picked up a couple quarts of this because the dealer said that it was a good oil. now im sure all oils are good, being they are used what they are meant for, but this oil isnt in the manual. so basically i want to know if this is a safe oil to use on my 04 yz450f?

• bluerider450

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:32 PM

its not a bad oil in my manual the oil you use is recomanded at certain temps and 10 50 is just as good as 10 40 unless you ride in colder weather

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpy79

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:52 PM

That's what I use in my 426 :cry: Do a search on oil and you will find more information than you ever wanted :cry:

• CBreaken

Posted October 26, 2004 - 04:55 PM

I've been using that stuff in my bike since it was new and have had no problems with it. The thing I don't get is the manual. On the US part it specifies 20w-50 or so, and on the international spec. it calls for 10w-40 across the board. What gives? Are US oils different?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.