Radiator Braces

11 replies to this topic
  • NewBee

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:11 PM

Can anyone suggest a good set of radiator braces to fit a wr450f. Something durable, but inexpensive.

Also, where is the cheapest place to purchase a replacement radiator. :cry: :cry:

• jchantzWR400F

Posted October 26, 2004 - 01:27 PM

They would be my choice. Brian is a TT member. Great Product. Great Service.

You can watch ebay for a used radiator, or you can send the damaged one to Mylers Radiator Repair. I think it's motorcycleradiatorrepair.com or something like that.

• ddold

Posted October 26, 2004 - 10:13 PM

Mylers (http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/) turned:

Posted Image
Posted Image

into this:
Posted Image

for $50, and it took them 4 days from the time I put it in a box until the day I got it back.

• mousemeat

Posted October 27, 2004 - 01:33 AM

I've got some works connection ones that i just put on and they seem pretty high quality. Gonna be testing them this weekend.

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 27, 2004 - 05:38 AM

Wow that is a great repair from all that damage! :cry:

Posted October 27, 2004 - 05:57 AM

I see there are a lot of MSR radiator braces on Ebay for a $29.00 buy now price. Are they any good, or junk? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted October 27, 2004 - 06:31 AM

You need more than a radiator brace. The unabiker's offer full front and side protection. :cry:

• dbone

Posted October 27, 2004 - 10:23 AM

I have a set of white brothers braces"works" I would let go of cheap,new never opened.PM me if intrested...

• TallBoysWRF

Posted October 30, 2004 - 06:59 PM

I would recommed Devol radiator guards. They hold up super well. I know because i am constantly testing them. :cry:

• Matt03wr250f

Posted October 30, 2004 - 07:32 PM

a set of the b&b aluminium ones will soon grace my new 450, www.bbaluminium.com to have a look

• The_Missile

Posted November 01, 2004 - 05:56 AM

Combo of devol (weak on their own) and works connection.
Just tested this last weekend and did the job. I would
also want some bombproof crush resistance which these
only offer half way but so far have concluded this will
be a home experiment and havent found the time yet!!

I honestly can't understand why people rave about the devols.
I bent my radiator many times on a side & front impact
that I bought the works' to beef it up. If you want
to stop branches poking holes in your radiator cooling
fins, Devols are fine, however crush resistance is close to 0
without the addition of another strut a la works connection.

• Texas4play

Posted November 01, 2004 - 08:56 AM

Those B&B equipment guards look hardcore. Front and side protection with built in front fins ....nice. Too bad I already have the works brace and devol combo or I would have just done that set-up.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.