22mm offset triple clamps

1 reply to this topic
  • simch

Posted October 26, 2004 - 11:50 AM

What is the benefit of fitting 22mm offset to my wr450?
What is the std offset?
Does anyone here have experience of RG3 Triple clamps? I have been looking at hurricane ones, but see RG3 as an alternative. They also are available in 22mm and I think 25mm offset, but I dunno what this wil mean on the bike!

Again, any help greatly appreciated :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted October 27, 2004 - 04:33 AM

In 97 the YZ's turned better with 2mm less offset. For the 98 model year, Yamaha changed the steering head angle slightly. I have not seen anyone change the offset on the YZ's since then.

It supposedly allowed for better turning without a loss of stability. I dont think I would bother on the new bikes as they handle very well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.