00' 426 carb question

3 replies to this topic
  • thumpinscott

Posted October 26, 2004 - 11:32 AM

My Yamabog kept getting worse and worse. So, I said it's time to do the BK mod. Got the carb off the bike, cleaned it up, made sure everything is up to spec, and I can't get the accelerator pump to squirt. It squirts when the float bowl is off the carb thru the port, perfectly. The diaphragm looks good, but when I use carb cleaner and try to spray thru the corresponding hole, it doesn't work. It seems blocked. Is there any way to clean that out? Or am I missing something? Should I be able to get the accelerator pump to work on the bench?

• Pothole

Posted October 26, 2004 - 11:40 AM

I had the same problem. Squirt the carb cleaner backwards through that tiny hole in the AP jet, then take a rubber tipped air nozzle and hit it hard with air. Getting that rubber nozzle sealed right on that jet is key to blowing out the single grain of sand or rust from that jet. Taking the needle out makes it easier to get to that little jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumpinscott

Posted October 26, 2004 - 11:46 AM

Thanks, going out to the garage right now to give it a whirl!!!

• thumpinscott

Posted October 27, 2004 - 04:43 AM

Worked perfectly, thanks for the tip.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.