Access to the Cleveland Nat. Forest Blocked

5 replies to this topic
  • xr_rider

Posted September 17, 2002 - 01:51 AM

Question for all of the Corona area riders. I decide to make a run up into the forest yesterday via Gilbert St. As I start towards the gate I see that someone has put up their own fence, not a gate but a fence about 50' from the forestry service gate completely blocking the entrance. Does anyone know who to contact to see if this is legal? It appeared to have just been put in place within the last few days. I just rode through there last Friday. This is a major safety concern if nothing else. They even put a sign on the fence stating "Go back where you came from"! Luckily, Oak street is still open.

Posted September 17, 2002 - 06:23 AM

This would not be good i just got licens plates mostly to ride their!

• billoyd

Posted September 17, 2002 - 07:37 AM

Sorry to hear that, I ride from Silverado Canyon to top then over to Ortega. I am looking for a better access point from the west end of the main divide. Any suggestions? I am coming out of Newport and looking for the longest ride. Will be up there Saturday morning. Are the rangers busting green sticker bikes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr_rider

Posted September 18, 2002 - 01:58 AM

Update: I went by the USFS office in Corona to discus the fence and they stated that there are currently no closures at this time and they were going to try to determine who the responsible party is. The fence that was put up is at Eagle trail off of Gilbert road. The USFS also assured that the fence would be coming down since it is blocking fire road access. I guess we'll see how it goes from here.

• XRider

Posted September 18, 2002 - 03:58 AM

The farthest west that you can access Main Divide is from Corona. You can still enter off of Sky Line via Oak Street. I see guys with Green stickers up there from time to time and have rarely seen Rangers.

• billoyd

Posted September 20, 2002 - 12:18 PM

Always looking for people to ride with. My bud just bailed out on my Saurday
morning ride. I am going up Black Star canyon at base of Silverado up to the
top Saddleback over to Ortega Hwy then back. I think about 60 miles round
trip. Let me know? Dont like riding back there alone, not smart. Otherwise
putting my motard wheels on and going to Malibu canyon.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.