Oregon Back Country ride in 2003

12 replies to this topic
  • BruceWA

Posted September 12, 2002 - 07:37 AM

Any of you TTer's interested in a multiday event on the Oregon Back Country byway in 2003. I'm wiiling to do a great deal of the leg work and if there is enough interest we can make it happen.

• secretatlas

Posted September 12, 2002 - 09:25 PM

i'm very interested.
keep me informed.
email: secretatlas@hotmail.com

hey, by the way, you're talking to a CWU Wildcat here!

as well as a three time Ridge to River competitior.
can't wait to move home soon.
kc

• BruceWA

Posted September 12, 2002 - 09:46 PM

secretatlas,

Will do. Seems are are opposites. I was raised in Southern California and now live in Wenatchee. Just got back from visiting family in the LA area. What a rat race, would never move back. Just wish the weather in WA was like So Cals.

• secretatlas

Posted September 12, 2002 - 10:05 AM

i hear yah,
moved down here two years ago purely for the job. the riding here is awesome, but it's not worth putting up with all the people and smog. i'm in redlands, btw.

in a couple of years my plan is to get back to ellensburg and start a business there. just have to hang on here for a couple more years.

not that i got it tough, great weather and great riding. and i have to admit that i have met some of the nicest people here in socal. surprised the hell out of me. :)

keep me in the loop as your ride comes together. i'll prbably bring a couple of buddies as well.

we ride safe and smart when we need to. and are a kick in the ass at camp. :D

• Portland_650R

Posted September 12, 2002 - 10:27 AM

You bet, as long as you occasionally stop & wait for the old guy (that be me.)

• BIGANDY

Posted September 13, 2002 - 07:19 AM

I wanna go!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BruceWA

Posted September 13, 2002 - 08:36 AM

Check out www.oohva.org, then look for the Oregon Back Country byway. Some data and a map.

• bigtom17

Posted September 15, 2002 - 07:02 AM

Keep me posted as well, this is defininitly a must do as some point in my life. Do the bikes need to be street legal in anyway. Who knows the answer to this???

• BruceWA

Posted September 15, 2002 - 03:11 PM

Yes, they must be street legal.

• bigtom17

Posted September 15, 2002 - 03:48 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong but from what I understand for the backcountry bi-way, if you have a headlight and a tail light you are legal enough. Perhaps someone can answer this. I hear you don't need to have license plates or turn signals. Again can someone clarify this?????

• blum

Posted September 16, 2002 - 04:02 PM

Adventure! I love it! Please add me to the list.

bingl@earthlink.net

Bing

• BruceWA

Posted September 16, 2002 - 05:29 PM

Was in the greater LA area last week. Got to admit, was raised in the area, but I would classify riding through that are now as a "real adventure"....shheeessshhh!! What a friggin zoo, drive bys, traffic like it's parked in a lot...Don't miss the rat race at all!!

• blum

Posted September 18, 2002 - 05:46 AM

WR400ROCK,

I totally agree with you about LA!. Fortunately, my job takes me away a total of 6-8 months each year. When I'm home in LA, it just hang out with mom, pop, bro, and sis. We'll close personally and geographically. Outside our quiet neighborhood, we don't pay much attention.

I envy some of the open country and people I visit working, but family and corporate base keeps me in LA.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.