Slipper Clutch

13 replies to this topic
  • brucifer

Posted October 24, 2004 - 03:52 PM

Is Rekluse the only people that make a slipper clutch? I want to try one on the yz400f I am building. that seems to be a problem also. 400cc
The 400 uses a different clutch than the 426?
How about the 250f clutch?

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:15 PM

your talking about a auto clutch.not a slipper.slipper is a different deal.

• kevin204

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:23 PM

I don't see what's with these auto-clutches. If the bike worked better with an auto-clutch, why would the big 5 run manual ones stock? Why would there even be manual clutches? :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :cry: :cry:

• brucifer

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:30 PM

What is the difference between the auto and slipper?

Thought they were the same :cry: Once I stumbled on more than one maker. Can't find them now :cry:

• exIT

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Slipper clutches allow the clutch to slip on decel to help reduce wheel hop/lockup when entering a corner or going downhill.

Like the above post said it seems like you are looking for an automatic clutch. These work with centrifugal force and will slip or disengage whenever the RPM's are low enough.

Rev-Loc, Rekluse (Z-Start), and EFM are the only makers I know of for retrofit autoclutches. Rev-Loc is the only maker I found that makes a model for the 400. I would think a quick call to any of the others would get you info regarding whether the 400 clutch is the same as the 426 or others.

I just installed a Rev-Loc in my bike and like the way it works.

• brucifer

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:37 PM

Great and thanks :cry:
I can see the use of a slipper on asfault. Now I am not sure which one I am interested in :cry: Will have to think about this

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:41 PM

slippers are used in supermoto mostly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:42 PM

ride one and ye shall see the light :cry: no really they are the best thing since sliced bread,i don't know about the others but the rekluse is adjustable for stall speed and engagement(springs and balls)so you can pretty much set it up the way you like. mine is set up for low rpm stall and fast engagement with the lever overide,so i don't even know the difference until it saves my butt! and if you lay it down just pick it back up and go,you can't stall it! goin up nasty hills no more worry about the clutch just gas,lockin up the back brake to slide into a corner just do it,perfect 2nd gear starts for the harescramble(or mx for that matter)its just too cool :cry: :cry:

• FFRacing79

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:52 PM

slippers are used in supermoto mostly.

You might be surprised how many of the MXers and DTers are using them...sshhhh!

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:53 PM

:cry: :cry: i should have said openly admitting to using them. :cry:

• FFRacing79

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:56 PM

That's right! :cry:

• OldBrokeBikeless

Posted October 25, 2004 - 01:37 PM

That's right! :cry:

Or like factory MX'ers using steering dampeners. Shhh....

• Chipstien

Posted October 25, 2004 - 02:47 PM

The only thing stopping me from getting a Rekluse is the fact that I like to try hillclimbs that I shouldn't. You cannot put it in gear and expect it to stay. Minor inconveniece all things considering. Regardless I am so used to feathering the clutch that I really can't justify the money. :cry: Second nature to me since I grew up on two strokes. :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 25, 2004 - 03:06 PM

The only thing stopping me from getting a Rekluse is the fact that I like to try hillclimbs that I shouldn't. You cannot put it in gear and expect it to stay.

i'm kinda qurious as to what you mean by this? the rekluse rocks on nasty hills and gets me up things that other riders can't! and its never come out of gear :cry: oh i think i get it,you mean after you stall,well you don't stall! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.