Bajadesigns? NEVER AGAIN!

43 replies to this topic
  • hourout

Posted September 14, 2002 - 08:30 PM

my local honda shop is no help either. it is allways the wrong part. they have to order it no matter what it is (head light bulb, oil filter, gas cap hose) they got to be kidding. i thought they where suposed to have honda parts in stock. no air filter for a vfr 800. nomatter what it is the reply is "we can order that" mine is " congrats, so can i, later" :)

ps.
i would like to flam the icoracing.com repair department. they have no idea what asap means.. i am missing my second enduro in a row because they told me to send it to them to get the moisture out of the display. on the order ticket i had to send they ask do you want it asap. two weeks nothing. no email or call. i called and i got "i havent got around to it yet. cince you called maybee today?" you got to be kidding. their goes my points lead. thanks. :D

• wrong

Posted September 15, 2002 - 03:03 AM

you can get moistureout of lcd displays by submersing them in dissectant from any local flower shop-DOH!!!!

• Mainjet2001

Posted September 25, 2002 - 04:29 AM

I have to say I have ordered and recieved hardware from Baja Designs for 7 years. I have installed their kits (6) on my friends bikes and have never had a complaint. I have communicated with them when I had a problem and had my questions answered quickly. I have delt with Alan Roach and all the order desk people over the years and again no problems.
Having said that, one must understand that you hear mostly of the bad experiences and not many of the good experiences. I say this in defense of Baja Designs because I know their history and I know that all dealings with them may not be the same.
Case in point, when was it, that a company president called you to apologize?

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted September 25, 2002 - 05:15 PM

I agree with Mainjet. I have dressed up my pig with several thousand dollars of stuff from BD and never a problem. I don't do mail order because they are 20 minutes from the house and it is like going to the candy store. The staff there has always been courteous and helpful. They also have some good service people. As Arnold would say "I'll be back".

Thump it till it hurts.

• M.Stone

Posted September 26, 2002 - 09:40 PM

Just a reminder that E-Line Accessories (508)295-0812 also does dual sport kits. Kevin and Raffi give excellent personal service. They modified their kit to my specs, including lighting coils and H4 headlight, and installed it on my XR650R with very short notice. I rode the bike all through Central America for a month, over 10,000 miles.

• SCOTTTO92

Posted October 22, 2007 - 07:42 PM

Went thru the same thing, ordered over the net....waited a week and called, they said they had computer probs and my order was being shipped that day.... also never order the LED turn signals from them.... besides being dim and nearly impossible to see, they nearly all burnt out in about a months time.... they sent me new ones but i resorted to the bulb style ones....

• exaresix

Posted October 22, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Several months ago, I posted about a very negative experience with Baja Designs. I was trashed by several die hard fans who had previous good experiences with the company. I feel somewhat vindicated by these recent posts. This is a company that started out with good intentions, and is now in a downward spiral in the customer support department. As I stated in previous posts, this company has done a tremendous amount of good for the world of off-road lighting and dual sport conversions, but they will not see one dime of my money. I can't agree more with the title of this post.

• gearloos

Posted October 22, 2007 - 08:21 PM

also never order the LED turn signals from them.... .

I bought the B/D LED tail light from xr's only and a friend borrowed my bike for a dmv test and was refused because it wasn't DOT. Not a big deal as no ticket (except he was pissed because he has to wait another 4 weeks for a new test at DMV)but I was told it was DOT legal and did'nt even bother to look for a D. O. T. on the lense when I got it.
The turn signals are prolly the same thing.

• xr500_89

Posted October 22, 2007 - 11:01 PM

i also ordered a light kit from them as well as many of you, it took 3 weeks to get my order from them (they were still building it) and i called personally everyday, but since it took so long they threw a free key kit for the bike in and free shipping (still quite irritating) but someone there did spend an hour on the phone with me while i figured out the bd wiring and the horrible wiring from the previous owner, but the fact remains its a kick ass kit and the guys were helpful, i dont hold it against them that they have to build it but 3 weeks is a bit long for something like that

• mgs781

Posted October 23, 2007 - 03:31 AM

Went thru the same thing, ordered over the net....waited a week and called, they said they had computer probs and my order was being shipped that day.... also never order the LED turn signals from them.... besides being dim and nearly impossible to see, they nearly all burnt out in about a months time.... they sent me new ones but i resorted to the bulb style ones....

You guys are replying to a thread that is over 5 years old.

MGS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerCell

Posted October 23, 2007 - 08:39 AM

I order from BD all the time. Yes, if you're ordering a lighting kit, quite often they build to order. I don't blame them because I wouldn't want to inventory all these kits for bikes that have been out of production for years. Yet they still will put a kit together for you... not too bad if you ask me.

Overall, I give them a thumbs-up for good service and a knowlegable and friendly staff... :crazy:

• Coolidge

Posted October 23, 2007 - 09:33 AM

I have a BD DS kit on my XR600, I did buy it as an old-stock kit on Epay for cheap, with no probs. Ive have since dealt direct w/BD for parts, registration ?'s & tech ?'s and they have been helpful everytime. Sorry to you guys who didnt get your parts/service you needed. Im sure that is an exception there, not the rule?

• hill5150

Posted October 23, 2007 - 01:36 PM

Just a reminder that E-Line Accessories (508)295-0812 also does dual sport kits. Kevin and Raffi give excellent personal service. They modified their kit to my specs, including lighting coils and H4 headlight, and installed it on my XR650R with very short notice. I rode the bike all through Central America for a month, over 10,000 miles.

I have the E-line kit 5 years now, works great w/ the exception of the rear unit, the turn sig covers, come off real easy.Put some LED replacements in.Works fine..................

• shrubitup

Posted October 23, 2007 - 03:50 PM

Bought pieces of a DS kit at www.procycle.us and a Clarke oversize gas tank. Totally competent people and shipped very quickly/reasonably. Never an issue in three orders totaling over $1,000.

• ridered7603

Posted October 23, 2007 - 06:53 PM

You Should Chill And Remember That Bajadesigns Is The Only Stuff Johnny Campbell And Chris Blaise Will Use When They Are Smokin Fools With Honda Racing Down In Baja. They Won In '07 On A Crf450x Kitted Up By Bajadesigns. It's The Best In The Desert, Period.

• cb60130

Posted October 23, 2007 - 09:57 PM

I know this thread is 5 yrs old but I gotta throw my 2 cents in.... I am a mail order junkie too. I have ordered from Bajadesigns, Al Bakers, Thumper Talk, Trail Tech among others...all of them have been great... last week I ordered a Kouba link and some radiator guards for my dad's CRF450x on Monday afternoon from thumpertalk.com and Thursday when I got home from work....they were waiting at the front door.... Kudos to all of them!!! One special shout out goes to the guys at hondaparts-direct.com ... last spring I bounced my XR off the trailer in a construction zone on a Tuesday morning.... wasted the hand guards, broke my clutch perch and bent the lever, bent my bars and the front rotor, chewed up all the plastic on the left side.....all of the honda dealers in town could order it for me but they had it all in stock... shipped it out on Wednesday... got all shipped overnight and I put my bike back together Thursday night and went on an epic ride the following Sunday. Trust me when I tell you I am a real prick when it comes to service and being "in stock" as I spent 12 yrs selling automotive aftermarket parts. I have not had a bad experience with Bajadesigns, Baker's XR's Only, TT, Trail Tech.... and hondaparts-direct.com so I can say whatever happened 5 yrs ago....must have been fixed by now....

• SCOTTTO92

Posted October 24, 2007 - 06:58 AM

You guys are replying to a thread that is over 5 years old.

MGS

At least BD is consistent.... LOL

The reason for my post is not to bash the entire product line of BD, in my experiences with them they were just SLOW to deliver the dual sport kit for my ride (had to email 2 times and call because of the slow response).... the product i had issues with were the LED turnsignals, if you have them look closely as mine had started to burn up in only a months time. BD asked me to return the burnt ones and replaced them all.... i did not remount them on my ride because they are difficult to see (although they look cool), the small dim signals made me nervous driving in traffic. I used the standard style signals that I had laying around from my yz426 dual sport kit.

• ABTrailers

Posted October 24, 2007 - 07:29 AM

Yep same problems here...........however I'm not as smart as you and keep ordering. Seems so many companys these days poke along doing poor work........its just the norm. I just accept that they don't care. I use this as benchmark as to how NOT to run my business. My goal is to give outstanding service with accuracy. Case in point, I had a guy come in this morning.........he is a high end spiral staircase builder. He is very specific, he knows exactly what he wants. I can tell he has delt with too many companys like your speaking of. Its is my goal to make him exactly what he requests and to exceed his expectations.
So where can I get a 650r stop light switch besided baja designs??
Alex

• The Regulator

Posted October 24, 2007 - 07:40 AM

I ordered a kit from them (Baja Designs) last month but could not get a person on the phone so I left several messages letting them know that I had an order to place and needed a two minute call back. They never would call back. When I finally got a person on the phone, it was a done deal.

I think if they are that busy then they are making tons of cash and need to hire more help. :crazy:

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted October 24, 2007 - 01:19 PM

TEX IS THE MAN:worthy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.