2001 xr650r

5 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted October 24, 2004 - 01:44 PM

I am looking for the best possible method to remove the clutch bushing on my 2001 xr650r :cry: BRP, as well as in need of some fork springs,I am about 225 and need to stiffen up the front end for high speed desert and bumps riding,Any sugestions? e-mail is hill5150@sbcglobal.net Thanks Ride Red.

• loufish

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:16 PM

I think it's pressed into the clutch basket You might want to get a set of heavier clutch springs while you have everything apart, XR's only has them, under 20 bucks, won't really feel them at the lever. Some guys have had problems with their countshaft seals on the 2001's, not sure, you might want to address that also.

• BWB63

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:28 PM

It is towards the bottom of this link; http://www.xr650r.us/clutch/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted October 24, 2004 - 06:08 PM

I used that link to start the bushing replacement and could not remove the main nut . Any suggestions on how to hold the basket to remove the nut?

• wardo

Posted October 25, 2004 - 04:15 AM

Just leave the clutch plates in, and hit the nut with an impact wrench, voila! I pressed down on the clutch plates with my fingers to add friction. I understand that you might not have an impact wrench, but it is likely that you know someone who does....

• BWB63

Posted October 25, 2004 - 07:35 AM

I don't think he has a impact wrench.....I have heard of some using a penny in the gears somehow...I heard it on the Yahoo Group. Ask there.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.