Best Muffler for 02 426

14 replies to this topic
  • TheRainMan

Posted October 24, 2004 - 09:36 AM

Hey people,
Whats the best muffler and price deal for a new muffler?
I blew mine up yesterday, looks like a grenade went off.
Although, I'm not sure why it would self-destruct like that.
:cry:

• 642MX

Posted October 24, 2004 - 11:19 AM

I've got a Yoshimura and could only tell a little difference in bottom end power. None of them are cheap, just have to shop around.

• TheRainMan

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the reply ---anyone know where I can buy a HotCam?

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:00 PM

HotcamsInc.com

• Godzuki

Posted October 24, 2004 - 06:11 PM

i also have a yoshi comp ti slipon with a gytr header pipe on it. when i got it, it had a white bros R4 slikp on with the stock header this was one loud pipe, i switched to the yoshi so i had some adjustbility on the sound it made i currently have a 96db insert in it.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 25, 2004 - 09:43 AM

Thunder Alley

• onekyoung

Posted October 25, 2004 - 11:19 AM

Save your clams for suspension work... get a used stocker for next to nothing (relatively) :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scooter426

Posted October 25, 2004 - 02:49 PM

I have multiple exhausts(for my 426), and I always prefer the stocker. It is the quietest, and the power is smoother. I just bought a new 2004 yz 450 and plan to keep the stock pipe on there as well. It is just a much more relaxing ride. I ride only MX. spend you money elsewhere. All the pipe comparos show little if any gain in peak power. You are just moving the power around. These bikes make more power than most MX/SX/Outdoor/Trail riders need. Spend the money on supension/gearing/good tires/brakes/stainless lines/different bars and clamps. Get comfortable on the bike and get it to fit your body and riding style before adding more power/moving the power around.

These bikes (450s) are like the ever lasting gob stoppers of horsepower. (and I am an ex ama pro rider-of superbikes!)

• WR426madness

Posted October 25, 2004 - 05:00 PM

When you can ride your bike WFO all the way around the track or the trails you ride, then search for more ponies. :cry:

• skthom2320

Posted October 25, 2004 - 08:08 PM

When you can ride your bike WFO all the way around the track or the trails you ride, then search for more ponies. :cry:

Good advice for a trail rider. If you ride WFO then the stocker is a good pipe.

But for MX if you want bottom end boost for those quick doubles out of a corner, the stocker is not that great. In fact, by comparison to a Thunder Alley, it's a POS.

Get a Thunder Alley for all the bottom end you'll ever need. It's a little loud, but a great bottom end pipe.

Posted October 25, 2004 - 08:31 PM

Does the Thunder ALLey have any Top end? I still would want to keep or gain a little in top. Or is the Bottom just so damn big you do not notice the top?

• Jeffro426

Posted October 25, 2004 - 09:06 PM

Best bottom/mid: Thunder Alley
Best compromise of sound and overall power: Stock
Best Mid/Top: Jemco

• TheRainMan

Posted October 26, 2004 - 03:27 PM

I'm leaning towards this muffler, especially since a stock costs over 500 bucks! I'm not to concerned with loud since I rode for 2hrs with a hole in the muffler and it didnt bother me, it did bother my riding partners! HA!

• Scooter426

Posted October 26, 2004 - 03:43 PM

stockers are as close to free as you are going to get. lots of folks buy aftermarket right away and sell their stockers for next to nothin'. ($50-75)
-scoot :cry:

• 01yz426

Posted October 31, 2004 - 11:18 PM

FMF Titanium Series are by far (my opinion) the best.... I've worked with other brands and the FMF stands alone....

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.