Brush guards

27 replies to this topic
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 01, 2004 - 07:48 PM

I agree for MX riding I would take them off but for off road riding the risk of that happening is much much lower. :cry:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 01, 2004 - 10:39 PM

I love my Rally pros. I have had a few less than gracefull trail dismounts that bent/pushed/moved my guards but did not break them or my controls. I have an allen tool in my pack to loosen them, re-adjust and go wreck some more! :cry: :cry:

• oldbones

Posted November 02, 2004 - 08:39 AM

For less money, get the Tusk. Then you won't have to stop to straighten everything every time you tip over.

• Texas4play

Posted November 02, 2004 - 01:19 PM

The first thing that caught my attention about the Cycra is the clearance it gives you. I also like the shape and styling of the guards. Cycra has the triple clamp mounts keeping it off the bars and makes it more sturdy.

Unfortunately I got to test exactly how well these work last weekend when I inadvertently way-layed a tree racing down a sandy trail. My hands and handguards made it without a scratch.

Never skimp on safety :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jackofall

Posted November 03, 2004 - 07:03 AM

I love my cycras. I ride Moab and a fall there on the rocks will end your day. I dropped off a ledge, bike landed on bars, bars bent but didn't break levers thanks to Cycra!!

• bfly

Posted November 03, 2004 - 08:04 AM

Just to add one more option - Fastways are like the Cycras except they mount to the handlebar clamps not the tripple clamp pinch bolts. A very slick setup.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted November 03, 2004 - 09:27 AM

It's a slick set up but too rich for my blood. :cry:

• kirkw

Posted November 03, 2004 - 12:45 PM

I'll give another vote for Tusk d-Flex with metal insert over the old plastic only models. After a low speed front wheel wash that caused the aderbis plastic to colapse on my fingers, I can say the myth about their benefit in trapping your hand is baseless. Go metal and go ride :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.