pumper carb shiping

1 reply to this topic
  • hourout

Posted September 07, 2002 - 03:14 PM

i ordered the qs carb the first week of aug. i still have not been billed and no word. i am still wating eagerly so my enduros will be more enjoyable. i ordered from barnumspro.. how long is the average turn around on an order. thanks later.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted September 07, 2002 - 05:06 PM

It really seems like this has varied a lot based on reading posts here, on Yahoo, HondaXR, etc. The one thing I know from talking with others is that the holdup is always from Edelbrock and not their dealers. There were several guys a short while a go on another message board who were frustrated about the wait and they had ordred from a couple different places, but barnumspro actually came through before the other dealers did. The first carb I ordered took about two months and the second one I ordred for my brother in law took only about three to four weeks. Seems like four to ten weeks is the average spread based on talking with others. When I talked to Edelbrock about this a while back, they said they were going to try and ramp up production later this year to speed things up, but it sounded as though this wouldn't happen until around the end of the year. Send barnumspro an email and see what they have to say. They've got close ties with Edelbrock from what I understand and Rob Barnum has done R&D work for them and many other other companies based on talking with him. I got a chance to meet him earlier this year at the Adelanto Grand Prix where he was racing and he was a super great guy to talk to and very fast on his XR650R.

I'm guessing Rob Barnum is gone right now because of what I read on the ThumperTalk banner link that says "Come and Meet the ThumperTalk Guys". Here's the link...

http://www.thumperta..._sm_race_wi.htm
It says that Rob Barnum will be attending this event with the ThumperTalk owners on Friday, September 6th –- Sunday, September 8th and this event is in Wisconsin, which is quite a ways from where Rob lives.

I noticed that ThumperTalk just added Rob's bio to the ThumperTalk experts list at this link along with his contact info.

http://www.thumperta.../barnum_bio.htm

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.