The uncorking has started

4 replies to this topic
  • bakeray

Posted October 23, 2004 - 09:04 PM

The warranty is up so the uncorking process has started on the 650R...I should have the jet kit by next weekend. So far the airbox and exhaust is done and a 13 tooth front sprocket is on its way and will be here by friday :cry:...Did the exhaust from this web site http://xr650r.net/nonepa.html I am going to take the manifold into the machine shop at work. Guy there says he thinks he can open it up..we shall see

• Roll_it_on

Posted October 24, 2004 - 06:32 AM

After your first ride you are going to be wondering why you didn't do it sooner :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bakeray

Posted October 24, 2004 - 09:27 AM

I was surprised how much exhaust outlet there really is on that bike with that baffle tube gone. Havent rode it yet since I cut it out but I am sure its going to need rejetting now even more than before.

• DrtRidr51

Posted October 24, 2004 - 06:18 PM

Hey fellow honda riders,
This weekend I just added the powerup kit to my 2002 XR650R, after adding a new manifold, airbox mod,uni filter with Xrs only backfire screen,cut out the baffle, and rejetted the carb.We put in a 68 pilot, 172 main jet, moved clip from #2 slot to #4 slot on neddle valve in the Carb, and removed the air injection system.
The engine refuses to start. When gas is in the ON position, excess gas runs out overflow tube. Spark plug is getting current(appears to be weak spark) the plug is an NGK/Honda BKR7E-11. If anyone has encountered this strange problem please feel free to help us out. The bike is an 02'brandnew. I suspect the floats in the Carb are sticking, and are letting excess gas into the carb, this is because when trying to start the bike, gas leaks out of the overflow tubes...thanks DrtRidr51

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 24, 2004 - 08:37 PM

Hey fellow honda riders,
This weekend I just added the powerup kit to my 2002 XR650R, after adding a new manifold, airbox mod,uni filter with Xrs only backfire screen,cut out the baffle, and rejetted the carb.We put in a 68 pilot, 172 main jet, moved clip from #2 slot to #4 slot on neddle valve in the Carb, and removed the air injection system.
The engine refuses to start. When gas is in the ON position, excess gas runs out overflow tube. Spark plug is getting current(appears to be weak spark) the plug is an NGK/Honda BKR7E-11. If anyone has encountered this strange problem please feel free to help us out. The bike is an 02'brandnew. I suspect the floats in the Carb are sticking, and are letting excess gas into the carb, this is because when trying to start the bike, gas leaks out of the overflow tubes...thanks DrtRidr51

You are right on about the float. This is a common problem with these bikes. Ive owned two of em. Adjust the float about 2mm higher so the fuel shuts off sooner. Problem gone!! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.