bike shuts off

3 replies to this topic
  • thumptoy

Posted September 05, 2002 - 09:17 PM

Have a problem, need some advice.
I have a 90 xr600r It doesn't seem to stay running.It will start when I kick it over but will
stop 10 sec. later. At first I thought I needed to switch it to reserve, so I did. While I proceeded to kick it again gas was coming out of
the small line at the bottom of the carb on to the ground. I looked in the tank, I had enough
gas for it NOT to be on reserve. so I switched it back to ON. It stopped leaking gas. Then I tried again With choke on half, it fired for another 10 sec. then the same thing.
Any suggestions or advice would be great. :) :D

• Nick_L

Posted September 05, 2002 - 09:43 PM

Sounds like there may be too much air getting to the carb. Have you looked into this yet? Just a suggestion. I have a xr250 that the boot between the carb and cylinder was cracked. The bike would start for 10secs or so then die.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mwespo

Posted September 05, 2002 - 10:03 AM

You need to check the float needle and seat . It sounds like the needle is not closing and the fuel is going out the overflow tube. That is where I would start!

• thumptoy

Posted September 05, 2002 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll look at these possible probs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.