1999 YZ400F

4 replies to this topic
  • kevin204

Posted October 22, 2004 - 04:51 PM

Hey guy's, tomorrow I'm going to look at a '99 YZ4. Are there any specific things I should look for/ask? Wish me luck. Thanks.

• 642MX

Posted October 22, 2004 - 05:34 PM

If you are looking at it with the owner of it, ask if the valves have been checked/adjusted and the oil changed regularly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZFan

Posted October 23, 2004 - 02:53 AM

Look for a cracked frame around the steering stem, the swingarm chain slider worn and rubbing through the swingarm. These are great bikes I have had one for 3 years now other than the frame cracking and the normal carburator problems (some people never have any problems with any of that stuff I was just lucky!) it has been a super bike. You can get almost any part on ebay for it now. That is where I got my frame for $100, and my Edlebrock carb. new for $125. Good luck

• kevin204

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:19 AM

Well, cosmetically it's rough, but it runs awesome. He rebuilt the top end and the valves recently. With a clean up and some new plastic's it would be a great bike. We made him an offer and he's going to call us in a few day's to let us know.

• kevin204

Posted October 24, 2004 - 11:34 AM

NVM about the 400, see my sig.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.