Acerbis Plastics, where to get?

16 replies to this topic
  • Jackazz

Posted October 22, 2004 - 05:57 AM

I'm thinking of trying to fit some YZ plastics to my WR, but not sure where to get them from. The Acerbis.com webpage is absolute crap, & lists everything as out of stock anyhow. I've done some "googling" & got better results, but was wondering if anybody had links to a good place they liked.

Also, has anyone tried the "Replica MX Style" Kit they offer for the WR? They only list a part # & don't have a description or pics.

Thanks

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 22, 2004 - 06:27 AM

Might check here:

www.acerbis.com

• Jackazz

Posted October 22, 2004 - 07:00 AM

Um yeah, I did...

...The Acerbis.com webpage is absolute crap, & lists everything as out of stock anyhow...

I'm looking for a distributor that actually updates their stock, (or webpage, which I suspect is the problem @ Acerbis) besides, the Acerbis site prices are MSRP. NEVER pay MSRP for anything M/C related! :cry:

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted October 22, 2004 - 07:01 AM

Hey Jack,

Are you trying to find the blue side panels? Acerbis has gotten really funky lately, and the website is poop. If your just looking for the sideplates, go to yamaha's website and look under accessories, then plastics for yz.
Or just click this link.
http://www.yamaha-mo...5373/All/1.aspx

That's where I got most of my stuff.
:cry:

• Jackazz

Posted October 22, 2004 - 07:04 AM

...Acerbis has gotten really funky lately, and the website is poop...

& I thought I was the only one that noticed!

Yeah, I was actually looking on the Yamaha site this morning. I thought it was interesting that the pictures of the parts which are supposed to be for the YZ450F are of the 2-smoke stuff (I'm hoping the part #'s are correct). I'm gonna search the part #'s on DGY.com & see what they're getting for them.

• Butta

Posted October 22, 2004 - 07:53 AM

If you aren't stuck on the Acerbis stuff, try Thumpertalk store! They carry at least UFO and Polisport...and a couple others, too, I believe. 110% price guarantee, and free shipping for over $149....support the cause!

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 22, 2004 - 02:20 PM

well be careful with yamaha parts as I have returned many that were supposed to be for the WR ( said so right on package) but were in fact not.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 22, 2004 - 02:26 PM

Um yeah, I did...

...The Acerbis.com webpage is absolute crap, & lists everything as out of stock anyhow...

I'm looking for a distributor that actually updates their stock, (or webpage, which I suspect is the problem @ Acerbis) besides, the Acerbis site prices are MSRP. NEVER pay MSRP for anything M/C related! :cry:

Well I looked and they have everything in stock for a YZF450, might be helpful to know what your riding and what exactly your looking for. Next time I will not bother you with any info I have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Garry_on_a_426

Posted October 22, 2004 - 02:53 PM

I am having problems finding a kit that has the WR rear fender. All of the kits have the YZ fender and it does not support the stock tail light.

• Gadsen

Posted October 22, 2004 - 05:24 PM

I am having problems finding a kit that has the WR rear fender. All of the kits have the YZ fender and it does not support the stock tail light.

Well, cracking open the old trusty Dennis Kirk catalog again, rear WR fender in blue retails for $23.99 and the stock number is# 616275 This is Acerbis and they have all the other plastics, but no "kit", you'd have to buy it in pieces.

• 5valve

Posted October 23, 2004 - 02:38 AM

weird question

do YZ type (and later WR) front fenders fit the 98/99 WR's?
Posted Image
visually they are diffrent and for upper pictures it also says

Fit's all '00-'05 YZ/WR

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 23, 2004 - 07:48 PM

Acerbis does have kits, you can get a full kit for about $120.00 which is pretty comparible to some catalogs I have looked at.You might check here also:

www.motosport.com

• fershy

Posted October 24, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Yes later stlye fenders will fit on a 98 99 WR/YZ. I found the 99 front to be a little to Phallic for my liking and changed to the 2000-2002 style. Much cleaner look in my opinion.
fershy

• Jackazz

Posted October 25, 2004 - 08:16 AM

well be careful with yamaha parts as I have returned many that were supposed to be for the WR ( said so right on package) but were in fact not.

Care to elaborate on what specific parts you had problems with?

Well I looked and they have everything in stock for a YZF450, might be helpful to know what your riding and what exactly your looking for. Next time I will not bother you with any info I have.

Easy there dude, no need to get excited. When I checked the Acerbis web page last week (& again today) & searched for 2004 YZ450F only 4 out of the 44 items were shown as available for order instead of "out of stock". Plus they have no pictures of the plastics, except for the tiny shots in the upper left that aren't even of the correct bike (YZ instead of YZF). :cry:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 25, 2004 - 02:26 PM

no offense taken, maybe I didnt read your first post very well, anyway the problem parts I have had and you have to remember I have an 03 so maybe they have straightened things out since then is with levers both yamaha and after market for the clutch and brake and yamaha oem plastic (shrouds mainly).
I was searching for 03 parts at the acerbis site. sorry

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted October 25, 2004 - 03:12 PM

Well, cracking open the old trusty Dennis Kirk catalog again, rear WR fender in blue retails for $23.99 and the stock number is# 616275 This is Acerbis and they have all the other plastics, but no "kit", you'd have to buy it in pieces.

Thanks!

• 5valve

Posted October 25, 2004 - 10:49 PM

yep, just took it yesterday, much more pleasant look, but those UFO plastics are so unprecisely made, seem a bit bent
still I'll go for the YZ rear fender and make my own CRFX style LED mini taillight

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.