Swingarm Bearings

1 reply to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted October 22, 2004 - 03:45 AM

I seen in the FAQ page that you could clean your swingarm bearings with alcohol, is that rubbing alcohol? I've used diesel fuel in the past, but that stuff stinks so bad, I would like to use something else. Also what is the best grease to use or easiest? Should I buy stuff that it is in a tube or tub?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted October 22, 2004 - 08:41 AM

I have always used Brake parts cleaner and then a good waterproof grease like bellray or Slick 50 grease witrh PTFE. The swingarm bearings in my 99 have been cleaned and relubed every 6 months since new and they are still going strong.

Bonzai :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.