426 header on a 450

5 replies to this topic
  • Beta_Man

Posted October 21, 2004 - 05:07 PM

I think I have heard of guys putting on the older ss headers on the 450, the ti headers are like swiss cheese. I just want to know if they will fit on a 450.

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 21, 2004 - 07:08 PM

It should fit the outside diameter is the same but the inner diameter is smaller on the SS 426 header. The heat shields are not interchangeable so if you want one order it with the SS header as well. The Ti header lists for $345. and the SS header is about half the price. :cry:

• Treebark

Posted October 21, 2004 - 09:21 PM

I put a 98WR400 header pipe on my 04 450, the only thing is the bends are different and the header pipe needs to be loosened and tilted up to change oil. I only used it for a little while til I got a SS Powerbomb SX for $147 from Discount Motorcycle Tire & Accessories - Items Page , I'd call the TT store and see if they have it cheaper first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beta_Man

Posted October 21, 2004 - 09:47 PM

Well at least I know it will fit now thanks. I belive they changed the bend in 99 or 2000 so that you didnt have to move the header when changing oil. But the way mine is right now it needs to be moved up to change the filter any way.

• ddialogue

Posted October 22, 2004 - 09:13 AM

As the others have said, it will fit. My bro-in-law put a 01 header off a YZF426 on his 03 WR450 and it fit perfectly. :cry:

• av8shunmeckaneck

Posted October 24, 2004 - 07:05 AM

I put a SS header from a 2004 yfz450(quad) on my 2003 wr450. fits great, costs less.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.