Issues with going to 48MM springs??

4 replies to this topic
  • rockieman

Posted October 21, 2004 - 12:12 PM

Has anyone gone from the stock 46's to 48's (forks)? I'm looking to stiffen up the front end on my '99WR400. I would assume that the springs are the same dimensionally....just a stronger rating. I posted this under the "suspension" forum...thought I might have better luck here.
Thanks in advance for the input.

• Bluebomber

Posted October 21, 2004 - 12:58 PM

They will work fine, and it will stiffen up the front end. It's a great mod if you are a bigger guy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:35 PM

Thanks Bluebomber!!

• ncmountainman

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:56 PM

it depends on if you mean springs from 48 mm forks into 46mm forks or putting .48 spring rate in place of the .46 of the same fork size. because 48 mm fork springs will not fit in 46 mm tubes. but you can change the rate as long as the springs are for your size tubes. :cry:

• rockieman

Posted October 22, 2004 - 03:49 AM

The '99's do come with 46MM I guess I do need to be careful with the replacement springs. I'll check out RaceTech's website to ensure I go with the right springs.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.