WR450 gas tank

6 replies to this topic
  • Vick115

Posted October 21, 2004 - 11:29 AM

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a BLUE tank for an '03-04 WR450 that does not require me to buy a YZ seat or YZ radiator shrouds???
Im broke here and my freaking tank decided to crack open while sitting in the garage. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 21, 2004 - 11:36 AM

GYTR Yamaha 3.4 Gallon duel Petcock In blue ( made by Acerbis available only from Yamaha)! Stock seat and stock shrouds work with longer bolts on center mount. link
http://www.yamahaoft...peCode=&Second=

Great tank!

• Vick115

Posted October 21, 2004 - 11:57 AM

THANK YOU very much. This is what i was looking for. Im still pissed that my stock tank just split.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted October 21, 2004 - 01:30 PM

Acerbis makes the GYT-R tank for Yamaha. The Acerbis tank is EXACTLY the same as a GYT-R tank for considerably less money. Acerbis tanks come in white, natural and Yamaha blue. You will not need to change your WR seat, but you will have to buy YZ radiator shrouds. I just put the Acerbis blue tank on my 03 WR, it looks and works GREAT. :cry:

• Math

Posted October 21, 2004 - 02:40 PM

If I was you, I would have a look at the parts for sale section of this forum, many guys upgrade with aftermarket tanks and may be willing to sell you their stock WR tank for quite cheap...

Just another idea... :cry:

Posted October 21, 2004 - 05:35 PM

Acerbis makes the GYT-R tank for Yamaha. The Acerbis tank is EXACTLY the same as a GYT-R tank for considerably less money. Acerbis tanks come in white, natural and Yamaha blue. You will not need to change your WR seat, but you will have to buy YZ radiator shrouds. I just put the Acerbis blue tank on my 03 WR, it looks and works GREAT. :cry:

Pics??????????????????????? :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 21, 2004 - 07:01 PM

See my earlier post with a link. shows pic of tank! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.