sparkplug

2 replies to this topic
  • spencer1

Posted October 20, 2004 - 05:55 PM

Whats the best way to get to the sparkplug on my 04 yzf 450. do I have to take off the gas tank?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted October 20, 2004 - 05:58 PM

the best way is to remove the seat, tank/shrouds. Then you can get to it. It only takes about 2 mintues to remove those parts. I have been told that you can get the plug out using the spark plug tool/wrench supplied with the bike (without removing the tank). I have not tested that theory though.

• SureBlue

Posted October 20, 2004 - 06:12 PM

the best way is to remove the seat, tank/shrouds. Then you can get to it. It only takes about 2 mintues to remove those parts. I have been told that you can get the plug out using the spark plug tool/wrench supplied with the bike (without removing the tank). I have not tested that theory though.

Satch, I've tried it but could not get the tool with the plug out, and no way you can loose the plug from the tool and take the tool out first and then dig up the loose plug from the ditch... Like you said.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.