Portland Area Labor Day Ride

3 replies to this topic
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted August 18, 2002 - 06:48 PM

Quick survey on how many people would be interested in a one day ride at the Brown's Camp OHV area. Ride will probably be on Sunday and meet around 9:00 AM in the Roger's Camp parking lot for a 50-60 mile ride. This is not meant to be a major function, just an area get together to put names to faces. If interested, please PM me, do not reply to this message. If support is great enough, I will iron out the details. Include how many people you plan on bringing.

Ryan Forsberg
XR600/650 Moderator

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted August 20, 2002 - 04:05 PM

Sept. 1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted August 22, 2002 - 07:57 PM

ThumperTalk Labor Day Ride for the PNW

When: Sunday September 1: Meet at 9:00AM,
leave for ride 9:30-10:00.

Where: Roger’s Camp Staging area approximately
35 miles west of Portland, OR on
Highway 6.

Directions: From Portland: I-5 to the I-405 S exit towards Beaverton. After crossing the 405 bridge, take the Highway 26 exit west towards Beaverton. Proceed on highway 26 until you reach the exit for highway 6 (approx. 20 miles) towards Tillamook. Take highway six to the coast range summit (20 miles?) where you will see the Brown’s Camp/Roger’s Camp sign. Turn left at covered gravel pit, then immediately turn left into the Roger’s Camp staging area.

What to expect: 50-60 miles of intermediate to difficult terrain, which could take up to 6
hours to complete in a large group. Trails will not be suitable for novice riders or quads, terrain can be steep and is very rocky. Trails are open (yes I have checked), though spark arrestors are strictly enforced. Sound level is 99dB max and helmets are required. You must have current ORV tags from your state. This is not an “organized” event, there will be no sweep crew, no support crew, and no gas truck.

What to bring: Pack water and lunch, we will eat on the trail. You may wish to pick up a free map at one of the small stores (such as Glenwood) on the way.

Questions: PM r4sbergxr600 with any
questions.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted August 29, 2002 - 06:19 PM

:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  181 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.