16/45 Final Gearing? WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • fastmonstr

Posted October 20, 2004 - 02:00 PM

Has anyone tried this combo? I have 16/47 right now, top speed is over 100mph,but,I am looking for gearing that will let me run a comfortable 80mph for long stretches. My current setup is a little buzzy at 80-85 mph.

16/44 maybe???

• Chipstien

Posted October 20, 2004 - 02:31 PM

You couldn't possibly use that kinda gearing offroad.....

Could you? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5valve

Posted October 20, 2004 - 03:55 PM

at 9.000 rpm with 16/45, yamaha twists 100 mph, no crap from stock speedo
dont really know where the rev limiter cuts in for max speed and possible travel speed calculation

• Math

Posted October 20, 2004 - 05:40 PM

At 16-44, i have a very nice rev on highways :cry:

It's a little wild offroad though.

For offroad, I have another rear wheel mounted with a knobby tire and a 48 sprocket. It is still fast for offroad though. i tried to go with a 50 but the same chain could not go over both settings...

at 16-44, there is quite a big gap between the 4th and 5th but i think it is still acceptable. The engine runs comfy at 80 mph... :cry:

I wander which setting would allow the highest top speed... :cry: at one point, it becomes so geared up that i guess the engine won't be able to reach top rpm... I never tried the 16-44 full throttle in 5th gear to see what speed could be reached... :cry:

• fastmonstr

Posted October 21, 2004 - 06:56 AM

You couldn't possibly use that kinda gearing offroad.....

Could you? :cry:

Not on anything technical, just on fireroads. I will try 16/45.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.