99 400f, over reving in race conditions.

2 replies to this topic
  • DuracellD

Posted October 20, 2004 - 11:07 AM

Help me! My 99 WR400f has a bad habit of sticking at about 3000 rpm when it gets race hot. I cant get it to do it on the street or in the work shop or my local dealer. Once I race it, it starts again. Its realy getting me down!!
Had new throttle cable (gen yam) no luck. :cry: :cry: paul.dyer9@virgin.net

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZEKEDAWG

Posted October 20, 2004 - 07:02 PM

SOme guys were having trouble with the carb slide. There must be a defect because some of them have actually broken and sent pieces into the cylinder. THat a good look at it and check for cracks. Also do a search in this forum on throttle slides. A guy named Frostbite had a thread in here awhile back.

• 5valve

Posted October 21, 2004 - 02:57 AM

correcting the float height level did the trick for me

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.