Speed Channel

10 replies to this topic
  • BRP27

Posted October 20, 2004 - 10:06 AM

The Speed Channel had a ~5 min segment on Cambell and the XR650R last night. It was cool to see the BRP running with Cambell on the bike.

• timvv51

Posted October 20, 2004 - 04:20 PM

Cant belive they found room to put that on the NASCAR CHANNLE

• DirtyChris

Posted October 20, 2004 - 05:50 PM

half of it he was on a 600. :cry:

• 600ish

Posted October 20, 2004 - 06:25 PM

Yes SPEED is the NASCAR Channel, but what other channel gives you all of the other forms or car, boat, and bike racing and 2Wheel Tuesday. It's better than any other channel out there for race fans. I myself love all kinds of racing from MX/SX, GNCC, BITD, F1, WOO, USAC, CART, IRL, ALMS and even the dreaded Trucks, Busch and CUP Cars. Anything that is competetive with an element of danger thrown in I'm all about. Anyway, Take Care Man.

• mikekay

Posted October 20, 2004 - 07:31 PM

speedvision is now second to OLN in terms of bike coverage IMHO...

2 wheel tuesday was better before they changed it...but Speed is still great!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 600ish

Posted October 20, 2004 - 07:42 PM

Hey Mike,Amen Brother! Thank God we have channels like OLN, Outdoor Channel and SPEED. How are things going for you out there. Ready for the 1000? I send 2 PM's to you with some questions about me running the '05 V2R. I guess they didn'tgo through. I'm going to try again right now, let me know if get it. My buddy Kent is Dual Sporting his 650R and he bought the ICO Dualsport from Baja Designs and it looks like the magnetic bolt they are selling is just for the Trail Tech Endurance. Is the bolt universal or only for the Endurance? What are you using for your ICO Rallye? Epoxying a magnet in place doesn't sound like a permanent install to me,. I need help in more ways than one! Thanks, Walt

• HeadTrauma

Posted October 20, 2004 - 10:09 PM

speedvision is now second to OLN in terms of bike coverage IMHO...

IMO you're right.

OLN owns for offroad. Speed has good stuff like WRC Rally and Motorsport Mundial(because it shows in 30min what Speed as a whole does not), but thats it. Sometimes GT & Touring car. If you hate circle-track like I do, you wont spend much time on Speed. I miss Speedvision. :cry:

• timvv51

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:52 AM

With the epoxy they give you it seems permanent to me. I have had one on for three years. After it sets up it is almost undistinguishable from the metal hub. If you use ICO just folow their instructions and you are set to go.

• huntmaster

Posted October 22, 2004 - 04:33 AM

The Speed Channel had a ~5 min segment on Cambell and the XR650R last night. It was cool to see the BRP running with Cambell on the bike.

More importantly it discussed an upcoming movie (name?) covering him and crew racing last year's Baja 1000. Should be some great action and scenery!

Then they went back to the NASCAR wives interviews!

• irondude

Posted October 22, 2004 - 11:25 AM

i love these dual threads...
ICO will run on the magnetic bolt--its a better way to go--but you have to make sure the ICO pickup is properly located.

I run one magnetic bolt per front wheel--and both the ICO Rallye and the IMO R50 (touratech) pick it up. Thats a big help...

i had the magnet epoxied in place when i ran the Trail Tech but it de-magnetized after awhile. I havent tried the bolt on the Trail Tech, but it should work fine as long as the sensor is position to get it.

V2R PM? Didnt get it! Try again!!

• BRP27

Posted October 22, 2004 - 12:31 PM

I love these dual posts also, but how did we get off on magnets

The movie that was mentioned on the Speed Channel on the XR650R was " Dust to Glory" April 2005 release. And the other bike on the Speed Channel showing cambell was a CRF450(Cambell warms up on a 450) not a XR600.

The OLN channel has more dirt rider stuff than Speed and had a segment " Dirt Rider Adventure". This was a feature in Dirt Rider magazine on a down under ride in New Zealand. If I only had 5 grand to spare.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.