Thanks,
Wardo

• JackAttack

Posted October 20, 2004 - 03:39 PM

Are you retiring again Wardo?

The ADRA is getting back together this year. :cry:

• ThunderChicken

Posted October 20, 2004 - 04:16 PM

is ADRA that new off road series in arizona that promises singletrack and technical loops?

• wardo

Posted October 20, 2004 - 04:57 PM

Jack,
Actually I am not retiring, I am doing the 1000 next month. I just don't ride the bike much. My dream New England dual sport is a CRF 250X with all the tweaks.... The XR is a great bike, but really I just got it for learning the bike for Baja. If I still lived in Arizona it would be a different deal!

Wardo

• JackAttack

Posted October 21, 2004 - 01:22 AM

is ADRA that new off road series in arizona that promises singletrack and technical loops?

ADRA is an old desert series in AZ that Wardo used to race in 20 years ago.

AMRA is the new desert series in AZ that promises singletrack and technical loops. :cry:

Are you coming out for a run ThunderChicken? Should be a good race in Nov.

• Clayman

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:56 AM

AMRA is the new desert series in AZ that promises singletrack and technical loops. :cry:

I used to race with the ADRA years ago... the last time was at the Snowflake in I believe '93... never got my trophy, said it was to be given out at next race, in the mail or something. What ever happenned to Phil anyway? Last I heard he was in Mexico doing some kind of charity work?

Who is this new organization? Who's behind it? I remember reading about it on AZtrail talk I believe a while ago..

• wardo

Posted October 21, 2004 - 05:08 AM

Hey All,
I added photos in the For sale Forum. Concerning Snowflake I have fond memories of that race, I think it was in '83 that I won the 125 Experts on Saturday and then my wife and I took the Class 2 buggy win on Sunday. Somewhere in a box in the attic reside the trophies... my kids will have to throw them out eventually! I remember Phil, a nice guy with something like 11 kids, or does my memory fail me? I enjoyed those races allot, being a New England Yankee, going to college in Prescott, it was great to stretch my legs a bit in your great state!

Wardo

• Clayman

Posted October 21, 2004 - 05:26 AM

Hey All,
I added photos in the For sale Forum. Concerning Snowflake I have fond memories of that race, I think it was in '83 that I won the 125 Experts on Saturday and then my wife and I took the Class 2 buggy win on Sunday. Somewhere in a box in the attic reside the trophies... my kids will have to throw them out eventually! I remember Phil, a nice guy with something like 11 kids, or does my memory fail me? I enjoyed those races allot, being a New England Yankee, going to college in Prescott, it was great to stretch my legs a bit in your great state!

Wardo

I lived in Prescott during those years, actually 1979 through 2003. What school did you go to? Did you ever race with a guy named Alan Kim, maybe Mike Shivers? I am sure you remember Destry Abbott? He was just a little kid back them... Did you deal with Hales or maybe Thunderridge Kawasaki? Bob Riggle? Byron Farnsworth? Small world..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThunderChicken

Posted October 21, 2004 - 12:25 PM

i'll probably come out and try a couple in 05. my brother-in-law lives in tempe and i could stay with him. i've also made some buddies (like clayman) from the other boards who have offered a couch at their place for the arizona national enduro.

what's the url for their website? so how long in miles are these races? what's the format? hare & hound? scramble? qualifier?

• JackAttack

Posted October 21, 2004 - 12:44 PM

i'll probably come out and try a couple in 05. my brother-in-law lives in tempe and i could stay with him. i've also made some buddies (like clayman) from the other boards who have offered a couch at their place for the arizona national enduro.

what's the url for their website? so how long in miles are these races? what's the format? hare & hound? scramble? qualifier?

The races will be put on by participating clubs within AMRA. They all will have different type formats, depending on location throughout Arizona, but will concentrate on keeping it tight and technical(no quads).

The first test race is on Nov. 6th. It will be a tight hare scramble type race.

You might be interested in knowing that the following race will be in February. It is scheduled to be held the day before the 2005 Desert Mountain National Enduro. This should make it convenient for out-of-towners like yourself. It will be held near the enduro and will use similar terrain and format. Time-keeping equipment will not be needed. It will be an RMEC, AMRA, AMA, sanctioned event.

Link:

http://www.amraracing.com/

I might have some couch space for you, if you need it.

:cry:

• wardo

Posted October 21, 2004 - 03:30 PM

Clayman,
I was at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U., afterwards I flew in the Navy for 7 years.... I lived out in Williamson Valley and had a practice track on some "vacant" land near my rental. Although I am familiar with some of the names you mention, I was a "visitor" from away and raced sporadically as my schedule allowed. I really enjoyed the riding and people I did know, but like so many good things, we need to leave them behind....

Wardo

• mikekay

Posted October 21, 2004 - 08:52 PM

Hey Wardo...

Just want to make a public shout out wishing you and your very excellent Baja 1000 race team all the best next month!

Win the over 40 class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wardo

Posted October 22, 2004 - 03:14 AM

Thanks Mike,
I am looking forward to the race and hope I'll get a chance to see you in SF. More importantly, good luck at Dakar!

Wardo

• Clayman

Posted October 22, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Clayman,
I was at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U., afterwards I flew in the Navy for 7 years.... I lived out in Williamson Valley and had a practice track on some "vacant" land near my rental. Although I am familiar with some of the names you mention, I was a "visitor" from away and raced sporadically as my schedule allowed. I really enjoyed the riding and people I did know, but like so many good things, we need to leave them behind....

Wardo

If you lived in Williamson Valley you wouldn't recognize it now... Pretty much all of the ranches are now subdivisions. Really sad to see, in fact most of Prescott and Prescott Valley are completely changed. I can relate about moving on, I did when leaving Prescott, and look forward to it when I leave Tucson. Miss the mountains... Knew alot of people back in those days from ERAU, used to ride with a number of them. :cry: :cry:

• wardo

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:57 AM

Check out my ad to see updated info on shipping.

Wardo

• wardo

Posted October 26, 2004 - 03:24 PM

Sold to the man in the front row!

Thanks everyone,
Wardo

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.