83/84/85 cylinder head covers

2 replies to this topic
  • cdsmith

Posted August 12, 2002 - 02:34 PM


I have an old 85 XR 600r in need of a new cylinder head cover. Does anyone know if the 83/84 XR 500r head cover is the same as the 85 XR 600r cover? They sure look alike at first glance, but i'm not willing to waste money on something that won't work.

Thanks for the help!!!

Cory Smith

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sixr500

Posted August 14, 2002 - 04:24 PM


What exactly do you mean by "cylinder head cover"? I believe the top ends were the same for these bikes. (83,84-xr500r, 85-88 xr600r) I may have the part with the rocker arms, from a 1983 xr500r.

1983 xr500r Restored and Rebuilt-
Plastic refinished with plastic renew- Looks brand new!!

  • cdsmith

Posted August 15, 2002 - 02:50 PM


Sorry about the confusion, the part I'm looking for is the one the camshaft lays in, the spark plug attaches into and the valves and guides are set in. I'm a bit new to this, but I believe this is called the "cylinder head". If you have one or know where I can get a good used one, please let me know. My e-mail is cdsmith001@cox.net


Cory Smith

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.