PW50s

5 replies to this topic
  • Roboman

Posted October 19, 2004 - 06:44 PM

Ok this is unrelated to thumpers but I am sure some of us have kids with bikes.

Has anyone bought one of the chinese knock off PW50s? Are they the same as the yamaha pw50 from a parts standpoint?

I want to buy one off ebay but curious if these are the same thing as the PW50. take a look..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

• Butta

Posted October 20, 2004 - 09:00 AM

I looked at the PW80 clone when I was shopping for my daughter's bike. They looked the same, and the salesman swore they were the same parts....of course, he also argued with me that Yamaha stopped making them in 2003 and that there was no way I was getting the deal I quoted on an '04 because they didn't exist....yeah, not a smart guy. Anyway, for the price they are asking, after you pay for shipping, you're looking at $600+....one thing going wrong with it that requires "warranty" work and you've got at least two more shipping charges (another $300) --from what I understood reading it. To me, it's just not worth the risk and gamble. You can find good deals on these from dealers (got mine for $1150 out the door) and there are great used ones for hundreds less (seen them for as little as $650)...

Just my $0.02

• Wyatt

Posted October 20, 2004 - 10:18 AM

I bought a pw50 yesterday for 1180 OTD. You'll get your money back when you sell it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sparky_So_Cal

Posted October 20, 2004 - 12:01 PM

You'll get your money back when you sell it.

Very true, these bikes retain their re-sale value like no other motorcycle. I bought a new 02 for 1200 and sold it two years later for 950 to a buddy.

I would stay away from the knock off's

• Roboman

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:27 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice - I'll take it. I will start shopping around for a used PW50..

• ovrrdrive

Posted October 24, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I got a used 2003 from the local dealer for $600 about 6 months ago.

The used 02's and earlier out of the paper were closer to $400. I got the 03 from the dealer so I could get it inspected.

It's been a great bike and it really runs well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.