Radiator guards

17 replies to this topic

Posted October 19, 2004 - 03:15 PM

I would like to know different companies that make radiator guards. I know of Rooster and Devol. Any more, and what ones would your suggest? Thanks in advance! :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted October 19, 2004 - 03:42 PM

MSR and Factory Connection. I thought I would give you a Thumbs up for the Devol guards. Love mine. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 19, 2004 - 04:10 PM

Unibiker has the best design! http://www.unabiker.com
It just wont work with aftermarket oversized gas tanks. :cry:

Posted October 19, 2004 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the info people. This site rocks! :cry:

• Fryboy

Posted October 19, 2004 - 07:01 PM

Hey Top,

I started with Devols. After a bike fall over incident on the trailer the devols bent causing a leak in my Rad. Since then I have run the Flatland Racing. Much better quality and stronger. Survived many a crash trust me :cry: Highly recommend them :cry:

Fryboy

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 20, 2004 - 05:46 AM

I use Flatland Radiator Guards on my 99 YZ400 and Devol's on my 02 YZ426. Recently I have started traing a young man on the 400 and he has bent the Left Side Flatland guard 3 times with very minor falls..... I have had several big time get offs on the 426 and the Devol's have never bent like the Flatlands....

I just ordered a set of Devols Yesterday for the 400 as replacements.

Bonzai :cry:

• Treebark

Posted October 20, 2004 - 07:55 AM

Unabiker rad gaurds is the way to go. :cry:

• oldbones

Posted October 20, 2004 - 10:38 AM

In my opinion, these can't be beat. Well, actually, they can, and I do beat on them most every ride I take! :cry: But, as they say, "they take a lickin...".

Posted Image

Rooster Performance products are designed to be tougher, better looking, and easier to mount than any of the others.

• Chipstien

Posted October 20, 2004 - 02:34 PM

In my opinion, these can't be beat. Well, actually, they can, and I do beat on them most every ride I take! :cry: But, as they say, "they take a lickin...".

Posted Image

Rooster Performance products are designed to be tougher, better looking, and easier to mount than any of the others.

How much do these run? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted October 20, 2004 - 05:37 PM

For the WR450, they retail $75.00.

But, for the 400, you won't like my answer.

We don't make em... (Yet) :cry:

Being a relatively new company, obviously we are concentrating on the newest bikes first, and working our way into the others. Of course, with the '05's just hitting the street, we have some work to do on those! :cry:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:20 AM

I think I have found the ticket.... A set of Ty-Davis Radiator Braces (New) and the Devol Radiator guards should take care of that pesky Flatland gusrd problem I have.

• fershy

Posted October 21, 2004 - 06:36 AM

How much for those crummy Flatland guards Yamakaze?
fershy

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 21, 2004 - 08:00 AM

I think I have found the ticket.... A set of Ty-Davis Radiator Braces (New) and the Devol Radiator guards should take care of that pesky Flatland gusrd problem I have.

I agree Yamakaze. I run braces attached to the rad guards to box in the protection for the radiators. Best set up going! :cry:

• jchantzWR400F

Posted October 21, 2004 - 09:17 AM

www.unabiker.com

You won't be dissapointed.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 22, 2004 - 09:05 AM

Sixty something dollars (dealer cost).

• unabiker

Posted October 22, 2004 - 09:44 AM

You are describing my WR rad guards.
Well, except you would have to spend about $125.00 on braces ($50) and guards($75), from 2 different companies that may or may not have designed them to work to gether.
Unabiker gives ya both for a lot less $$$.

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 22, 2004 - 01:10 PM

That what I have been saying except it does not work with oversize tanks. I had to mod my two sets to work together. Unabiker has the best off road guard/brace combo units for a stock bike. :cry:

• Grandville

Posted October 22, 2004 - 05:24 PM

I have Woodsblaster Rad guards. I know they have saved my radiator. Check out the site at www.woodsblaster.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.