Brake Pads

3 replies to this topic
  • aussiexr

Posted October 19, 2004 - 02:54 PM

G`day All
what brake pads do you guys recommendon your 650r`s?
Running with new wave disc rear lean towards gold fren k5`s like the front s3`s (ceramic carbon),but advice would be handy
Thanks in advance

• mikekay

Posted October 19, 2004 - 06:09 PM

i dont run the wave rotor--but i do know the big problem with that set up is that it goes thru pads very fast.

sand, silt, etc. are much more liable to get into it--even though its supposed to have the opposite effect...

so there is the question of longevity and of performance (and cost?)

for feel i really like the carbon. more response--and i dont ride in the mud--so they wear well enough...

for Dakar i will probably go with the scintered units just becouse of durability. its a trade off--like everything.

the oversize front disc is a big help on the BRP...especially with all that extra fuel. If you have the AUssie Aqua tanks then i would think oversize, non-wave scintered would last the longest, while the carbon/wave would perform the best...

just my two pesos worth.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted October 20, 2004 - 03:24 AM

Where are you guys finding rotors for the BRP? I have only found two aftermarket co's that make em'. Titax(rockymnt) and Braking(wave rotor). Other than that it's a stocker from honda that's big bucks.

• qadsan

Posted October 20, 2004 - 06:42 AM

Motomaster has some oversized rotors for the XR650R. Barnums was blowing them out a while back. I don't know if they have anymore or not, but the Motomaster part number on mine is listed as 'RYV-103 OSUL' and the adapter bracket part number etched into the part is '0S 101'. Mine is a 260mm floater setup, but he also had standard setups as well. My understanding from talking to Rob based on his experiences using this product was the floating setup he was offering had a more pregressive feel to it where as the other MM disc felt like it was braking more abruptly, which is what some folks prefer.

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.