Valve Adjustment

1 reply to this topic
  • Toasterovin

Posted August 07, 2002 - 12:51 PM

I own a 2001 XR650L. I was wondering how ofter you need to adjust your valves? I called my local dealer and they qouted me $150 to adjust them! I am not paying that much to adjust them. I would rather buy the tools to do the job and do it myself. What is involved in adjusting the valves? How do you do it?

-Toast

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:00 PM

I don't blame you. $150 is a bad joke for maybe 30 minutes of real easy labor. I advise getting a Clymer or Honda service manual. also join xrlug, it's a group dedicated to the xr650L on yahoo. It's free, and you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know about your bike. In the meantime, try http://www.geocities...lace/Valve.html

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.