No Spacer

But a spacer aint as pretty as this :cry:
Posted Image

• ncmountainman

Posted October 22, 2004 - 06:57 AM

the blue one is prettier :cry:

• stevie

Posted October 22, 2004 - 10:59 AM

I see some you guys talking about the heavy tungsten carbide balls. Well I just got my rekluse today and there are no tc balls just 30 3/8 balls?

Any thoughts..

The rekluse model is RMS172 - YZ450F

and the manual revision 071204

I also went the the rekluse website and downloaded the installation instructions for the YZ426F and it does not mention any tc balls either.....whats going on

• John_Lorenz

Posted October 22, 2004 - 11:30 AM

You get them from Rekluse out of Tech Supprt

• ncmountainman

Posted October 22, 2004 - 11:30 AM

the tc balls are twice as heavy as the regular ones,spaced evenly amongst the others(every sixth ball) the inertia on the heavier balls makes for faster/stronger engagement. good for some bad for others. i myself like the quicker engagement,its more like its not there until it saves your :cry: :cry:

• tool

Posted October 22, 2004 - 02:17 PM

Tool, are you running a heavier flywheel? Rekluse told me that using the auto clutch is like adding 6 oz. to the flywheel. Maybe you should try the stocker?

there are many reasons why i use the extra flywheel wieght, but i cant see how that would affect the auto clutch. so if its a 6 oz clutch + 12 oz rotor, it sure doesnt rev like its got 18 oz of flywheel. but i need every ounce.

i cant believe the cover says rekluse.com... simply cant believe it. $140 so i can be a rolling billboard. :cry: :cry: its almost like im overpaying them, to advertise on my bike.

i havent even gotten my 5 TC balls yet, but i have a feeling i should have ordered 10. i forgot how much i love to lug the engine.

• youngwerth

Posted October 22, 2004 - 03:32 PM

Tool,

You shouldn't need to buy a new clutch cover to keep your z-Start from rubbing the clutch cover. Yamahas and KTMs seem to have the most variance in clutch covers. Most do not rub, some do. We made a change a while back to the gaskets to give us more room just for the differences some of our customers were experiencing. I'd be more than happy to send you some updated gaskets free of charge. If you want to stick with our billet clutch cover, please give me a call on Monday and I'll make an adjustment to your invoice because of the problem you had with the stock gaskets. 1-866-REKLUSE.

We are now laser etching the rekluse logo on the clutch covers, it does still say Rekluse.

Thanks.

• tool

Posted October 24, 2004 - 12:50 AM

If you want to stick with our billet clutch cover, please give me a call on Monday and I'll make an adjustment to your invoice because of the problem you had with the stock gaskets.

considering how soon the clutch contacts the case, i may have no choice. my stock cover was welded because of a brake pedal impact, and now that weld is cracking because of all the flex.

We are now laser etching the rekluse logo on the clutch covers, it does still say Rekluse.

you mean, it boldly says "rekluse.COM"? let me say that the rekluse "spider" logo is cool as can be, but having the cover say "rekluse.com" is about as lame as you can get.

• 642MX

Posted October 24, 2004 - 11:30 AM

Manufactures put there name on there products for advertising! Wow!

I would personally be disappointed if I purchased a FMF pipe and it did not say FMF on it. :cry:

• youngwerth

Posted October 24, 2004 - 05:57 PM

It does not say rekluse.com anymore, just Rekluse with the spider logo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted October 25, 2004 - 10:33 AM

does that mean all us "rolling billboards" with the .com covers get royalty checks? :cry:

• tool

Posted October 25, 2004 - 01:34 PM

It does not say rekluse.com anymore, just Rekluse with the spider logo.

:cry:

thats cool, you have made me a happy man. i dont mind it saying rekluse with the spider logo, as i said i think that part is cool.
and i know that aftermarket companies advertise thier name on thier products, but FMF pipes dont say FMF.com on the can. thats what a search engine is for, website addresses have no place on a motorcycle...
except maybe a freestyle bike. :cry: they are rolling billboards.

• youngwerth

Posted October 26, 2004 - 04:10 PM

ncmountainman,

I will pay you $.05 for each click-through you can generate from your clutch cover. Now we just need to figure out how to connect a computer mouse to the clutch cover.

• ncmountainman

Posted October 26, 2004 - 06:27 PM

ncmountainman,

I will pay you $.05 for each click-through you can generate from your clutch cover. Now we just need to figure out how to connect a computer mouse to the clutch cover.

wee-hahh gonna get right on that :cry: hey al while your here,have you tried this two2cool oil additive? i ordered some and should be here this fri. no friction modifiers and wetclutch safe so they claim,they also claim 20-40 deg. cooler oil temps? we'll see,will keep ya posted on it.love the clutch by the way,had to go to the stiffer spring because w/the 5 tc balls and the light spring the engagement was too violent and i feared drivetrain damage. the heavy spring seemed to cure it :cry: still instant engagement but the transition is just smoother now,thanx for the great product! :cry:

• youngwerth

Posted October 27, 2004 - 12:03 AM

I have not tried the two2cool stuff yet but I've hear very good things about it. In the summer, we sometimes ride ridiculously steep, long, loose climbs that boil everything. The two2cool may be the hot ticket for that.

I kinda figured you might end up with the heavy spring with the 5 TC balls, a little slip at the bottom is a good thing.

• John_Lorenz

Posted October 27, 2004 - 08:28 AM

ncmountainman,

I can do That :cry: :cry:

Wait till I ru my Web Tester against it

can you spell NEW KTM :cry: :cry:

• snow

Posted October 27, 2004 - 07:45 PM

Did rekluse change there web site???

• oldbones

Posted October 28, 2004 - 07:31 AM

Tool, I am not sure the difference, but I have the Rekluse in my 426, without the external perch adjuster, and with NO TC balls. It hooks up right off idle, and I can lug it around just fine. I do agree with Al though, a little slip at the bottom is a good thing.

I don't claim to be fast when the going gets skinny. In fact, my buddies seem to clean up on me in the single track. BUT, I must say the rekluse makes it easier for me to pick up some speed in the tight sections. Now, I just click it into second and cruise on through. There are spots where I am down to first gear speeds, but no need to shift, just cruise on through and then right back up to speed in second gear. Not having to shift every thirty feet of trail is a definite advantage for me, and shaves seconds to be sure.

I don't have the Rekluse cover (but would love one Al...), I am running their two thick gaskets. I don't think it's rubbing, I can't hear it anyway. I haven't had to remove the clutch cover ONE time since I put the clutch in. My gap was right at the tight end of the range, and it has worked perfectly ever since.

I love my Rekluse! :cry:

• tool

Posted October 28, 2004 - 05:18 PM

Tool, I am not sure the difference, but I have the Rekluse in my 426, without the external perch adjuster, and with NO TC balls. It hooks up right off idle, and I can lug it around just fine.

you listed six differences and one similarity.
but its like i cant get enough enertia at idle from my current "ball setup" for a good clutch pop. i get too much slip, not enough hookup-and-go. but i ride mx almost exclusively, and am looking for an aggresive engagement.
the clutch wouldnt hit the cover if i didnt the perch adjuster. it only hits when i pull the lever in far enough.

rekluse didnt have a cover in stock for me, so i just got the 2 thick gaskets. i guess i could take a sharpie and make my stock cover say "yamaha.com"... no good? :cry:

• condog_aus

Posted October 28, 2004 - 06:59 PM

I put a post on the 250 forum a few weeks ago, here is the link:

http://www.thumperta...rue#Post1352105

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.