yz to wr gear ratios

2 replies to this topic
  • shaunusmaximus

Posted October 19, 2004 - 02:49 AM

Hi guys, I have recently bought a yz426 and absolutely love it! I am trying to find out if I can fit WR gears into the YZ box. Also will the stator off a WR fit my YZ, so that I can run a front headlight???? Why didnt you buy a WR I here you say, I am currently working in Cambodia and bikes like these are extremely rare, so you just get what you can and modify it to siut the terrain here. Any info would be much appreciated, cheers. Shaun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • washinout

Posted October 19, 2004 - 06:23 AM

You can stick a WR 1st and 5th in the gear box.

• Chipstien

Posted October 19, 2004 - 04:02 PM

I just recently asked the same question. Here is the thread and to your answer.
http://www.thumperta...t/1#Post1456529

As for question #2..... Yes you can run a WR stator. You will have to run the WR flywheel also to make it work and you will need to do the pink wire mod. Peice of cake though, and the results are great. Love mine. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.