Question on heavy clutch pull on 92 XR600R

2 replies to this topic
  • michaelschorpp

Posted October 18, 2004 - 05:45 PM

My 92 XR600R has always had a heavy clutch pull (3 fingers minimum for me). I've noticed clutches on other bikes like the XR400 and XR650R are much lighter, and can be done with a single finger. Is there anything peculiar with the 92 XR600R, or is something wrong with my clutch? I have changed clutch cables with no effect.

Mike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Endurordr

Posted October 19, 2004 - 03:03 PM

I have the same exact bike and it's harder then my WR but you have to realize that the clutch is bigger in the XR and the leverage is also a lot different. I really haven't looked into any solutions but one might want to look at different levers, I think SRC might make a longer clutch arm as well. You have a beast of a bike and they are definatly not as nimble as the new bikes. I had a XR400 as well and it was much easier then my 600. Sign of the times I guess.

• 600ish

Posted October 19, 2004 - 06:07 PM

I have a'94 XR600 and mine is tight as well. I just think that's the way it is on the 600. I know that when the 650 came out, they advertized 20% less clutch effort required and from riding my friend 650 it feels more like 50% easier. I Installed a brand new cable a few months ago and It feels the same as the original one that was on it when I bought it a year ago, Walt

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.