XR650L Newbie Questions

4 replies to this topic
  • RoughStuff

Posted August 02, 2002 - 09:42 PM

Hi, thinking of getting a XR650L and have a few questions:

I'm vertically challenged - 5'7" - will I have a problem getting on the bike? I've read that the seat is around 37" or so. I know lowering links are an option but I've never used them before. Does using them shorten suspension travel or cause anything else detrimental to the bike?

Also, I'll probably be looking for a used XR650L between the years of 96-02 can anyone tell me if there are any differences in the various years along with anything I might need to look out for?

Thanks.

• Toasterovin

Posted August 03, 2002 - 11:37 AM

I would try and find someone who owns a 650L and sit on it, perhaps take it for a ride. I think you will be able to touch the ground once your weight is on the bike. The 37inches decreases when you sit on it. I would try and find a dealership that has one in stock. I am sure the bike are very similar between those years.

-Toast

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Honda93

Posted August 03, 2002 - 04:47 PM

Hi, Just read your message....
I have a 2000 XR650L for sale. I am getting a CRF450 and just need to sale the 650. All I'm asking is $3500.00. GREAT SHAPE !!!! If your interested I'll send you some pictures.
Just let me know.
Honda93 :)

• motometal

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:02 AM

I believe from '93 on there weren't any significant differences in the bike, other than a change in plastic color to red.

Posted August 04, 2002 - 08:23 PM

If you set the suspension on the "soft" side, which is where I like it anyway, with a little weight, that 37 inches will easily go down to 33-34.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.