xr 600r choke substitute

3 replies to this topic
  • petee_g

Posted August 02, 2002 - 03:16 PM

buddy of mine left choke (stock) on too long. ended up sucking valve surround (?) into cylinder. got lucky / no damage (guess it spat it back out). In greece can't find exact piece, only fix is replace entire carb assembly. Have heard choke system from CBR 600 (!) works;

anyone know of any other 'fixes'?

• XR6's_rule

Posted August 02, 2002 - 11:01 PM

As you have found, the stock XR600 choke is pus! Trash it (or what is left of it!) and make one out of stainless steel plate. You'll need to take your time and get the holes drilled spot on etc & you'll need to drill two extra 5mm holes in the middle of your plate to spare the engine some airflow when the choke is on full. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moredesert

Posted August 03, 2002 - 09:58 PM

Baja designs sells a replacement choke plate.

• Slow_Poke

Posted August 03, 2002 - 06:30 PM

this is by far the one flaw in an otherwise bulletproof engine. I purchased the baja design for $35 (if i remember correct) but made my own out of the bottom of a can of peas before it arrived. My buddy sucked his in a couple weeks later and i ended up selling the baja design to him.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.