tank/shroud decals?

3 replies to this topic
  • Boonie

Posted October 18, 2004 - 11:19 AM

I'm putting new tank and shroud decals on my bike. This is my first time removing old and putting on new. I've read to drain the tank of gas so it doesn't effect the adhesive.....I did this. Beyond that, is there any prep work I should be aware of?

I'd appreciate any tips you guys use before I "commit" to putting on the new stuff.

Thanks in advance.

• kevin1209

Posted October 23, 2004 - 08:28 PM

Don't know if you have already done it, but I just did mine yesterday. I don't know why the gas in the tank would affect the stickers outside the tank. Sounds like a waste of time. Anyway, the adhesive from the old stickers is a pain in the a** to take off. DO NOT USE ACETONE!! It will turn your plastic white. The best thing to use is carburetor cleaner. It sprays like WD-40, it cuts through grease, dirt, glue, etc..., it is not abrasive or too strong for plastic, and best of all it is CHEAP! If ever in doubt about what to use for any cleaning (parts, grease stains, etc..) this stuff does the job. :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motoman_AZ

Posted October 23, 2004 - 11:08 PM

Check out the latest thread here:

Graphic Application :cry:

• coldweld

Posted October 25, 2004 - 10:56 AM

For Gods sake NO !!!!!
Do you know how much OE stickers are .
In the UK side panels are about about $13 each the stickers are $ 50 each .
Buy replacement plastics and after market stickers then put the new OE on when you sell.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.