Bk/GB carb mod -426f

5 replies to this topic

Posted October 17, 2004 - 08:27 PM

Does the Carb mod burn up a motor? I am very worried that if I do that I will burn something up. Need some input on that. Does it also make the bike more of a blast to ride?
Why didn't Yamaha put the accel pump like that from the factory?

• Scooter426

Posted October 17, 2004 - 08:45 PM

just do it. it works. you must have ridden 2 strokes. A four stroke will not blow up if you mess with the carb. It just runs like crap. The BK mod works amazingly well. The reason that Yamaha did not do the mod from the factory probabaly has to do with economics. More tuning on the carb means more man hours and a higher price. Too high a price means lower sales.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 17, 2004 - 08:47 PM

No, this mod will definitely NOT burn up your motor. The only way you will be able to tell the effects of this mod is if you are jetted right to start with. If your jetting is in the toilet, then you probably won't notice the difference with the GB mod. Does it make the bike more of a blast to ride? I would say yes, because it helps eliminate the Yamabog. As for why Yamaha didn't do this from the factory- who knows :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 21, 2004 - 02:08 PM

Thats cool Ill do it.

• panteramatt

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:07 PM

does this carb work for the yfz400 and where can I find info on this mod?

• NAFLASH

Posted October 21, 2004 - 05:12 PM

The mod for the yz400f carb is called the Taffy mod.
heres the link>>>>> Taffy mod

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.