To pro-taper, or not to pro-taper...?

5 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted July 27, 2002 - 10:12 AM

I got a buddy back in the states that wants to sell me his extra pro-taper CR hi-bends. I was just getting ready to order an applied triple clamp anyway, so how good are the pro-tapers versus the standard renthals. I have some Jimmy Button bend renthals already which I'm really happy with, but this guy claims that the pro-tapers really cut down on vibration, and reduce shock to the this true, or is he feeding me a line?

• Dutch

Posted July 27, 2002 - 03:45 PM

As far as the vibration reduction is concerned there may be a difference, but for surviving a get off - the ProTapers are much better than the "Benthals".

• Beerman

Posted July 28, 2002 - 08:19 AM

I have to agree with DUTCH. The vibration stuff might just be marketing hype, but I've been using the same CR hi bend since I first put them on my 600 in '97. Now they're on my 650 and expect to be able to switch them to my next bike in a few years.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigtom17

Posted August 06, 2002 - 08:06 PM

Ive had the ProTapers for a few months now and I can attest they are very strong. I am 270# and 6'7" so I beat the heck out of them and the bike as taking some tumbles that have offset steering but never the bars.

• Guest__*

Posted August 10, 2002 - 11:49 AM

Pro-Tapers have the highest strength compared to all the other makes, regardless of price.
they're the best.

• Moredesert

Posted August 12, 2002 - 01:21 PM

I have the CR-hi bend Pro-Tapers on both my bikes. Great bars.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.