Muffler packing?

9 replies to this topic
  • morgan1

Posted October 17, 2004 - 06:18 PM

I have a 99Wr400 (4-stroke) with a Power Core IV muffler attached to a DMC header. I pulled apart my muffler to find half of the packing missing. I looked in a few catalogues for packing and found through Dennis Kirk 4-stroke packing for $8.99 on up to $40.99. Is there a need for the high dollar stuff or is the standard high temp/high density ok? Help Please. :cry: :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 17, 2004 - 07:25 PM

race tools makes a packing cartridge for the p-core 4 its around $20 and is way easier than loose packing :cry: :cry:

• av8shunmeckaneck

Posted October 18, 2004 - 03:57 AM

buy some fiberglass insulation from Home Depot/Lowes

• morgan1

Posted October 19, 2004 - 06:28 PM

thanks for the info. i'll check into the packing cartridge. :cry: :usa:GO BUSH :cry:

• morgan1

Posted October 24, 2004 - 02:12 PM

Any body else have any input? :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted October 24, 2004 - 04:11 PM

didn't like the cartridge? "try it you'll like it" :cry:

• billygoat

Posted October 25, 2004 - 06:34 PM

Quiet Products sells the Moose fiberglass and also the stringy cartridge type Race Tools packing. It's a matter of preference and cost. Fiberglass is easier and cheaper to install, but doesn't last quite as long.

• morgan1

Posted October 31, 2004 - 06:39 AM

I'm going for the cartridge. Where can I find the race tools cartridge. :cry: :cry:

• billygoat

Posted October 31, 2004 - 03:22 PM

Contact Quiet Products at www.quietiscool.com

• morgan1

Posted November 02, 2004 - 05:50 PM

I found the cartridge on line at race tools web site. Go figure :cry:. Thanks for the help. Ride on :cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.