Anybody recommend a good disc guard and chain guide?

9 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted July 27, 2002 - 10:07 AM

Hey ya'll, I'm looking to bullit proof my bike and thought I'd get a rear disc guard. I figured while I was at it, I would replace the stock chain guide and get a case saver. Does anybody have any feedback on which ones are the best?

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted July 27, 2002 - 10:45 AM

Billy,

Got my stuff at www.bajadesigns.com I bought their sharkfin for $20 the other one is a little pricey. Got my front disc guard from Devol ordered through the Honda dealer and don't forget the Devol radiator guards. You'll soon be riding an M-1 Abrahams tank, just add your own 50MM.

• needsprayer

Posted July 27, 2002 - 11:25 AM

Forget the 50. Add the Mark 19.

http://hometown.aol....arm/mark19.html

[ July 27, 2002: Message edited by: needsprayer ]

• Rokatt88

Posted July 29, 2002 - 05:52 AM

Stinger Missiles! Yeah Baby, Yeah!

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 29, 2002 - 07:00 AM

I have the Devol disc guards front and rear and they are nothing short of armorlicious baby. I am thinking about replacing my chain guide with the Freddette guide as parts look easy to obtain.

I would also suggest putting on the Applied Triple Clamp Limited Edition "Commando" Model made of the titanium/kevlar alloy. This should allow the 50 mm to be bolted right on, and should holt up better than the flimsy OEM machine gun mount. Uncle Don's Machine Gun Parlor in Portland should be able to hook you up with all the protection an American needs while cruising the trails in Turkey. Good luck, and wear a vest.
:)
Ryan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BruceWA

Posted July 29, 2002 - 09:21 PM

TM Design Works has durable and strong items.

• Rokatt88

Posted July 29, 2002 - 09:41 PM

Sharks with Frickin' Lazerbeams mounted on their heads!

• wrong

Posted July 29, 2002 - 09:51 PM

scotts rear sharkfin w/integral caliper carrier is far and away the best.PERIOD!

• billyj7175

Posted July 29, 2002 - 12:35 PM

Ya' know, it's hard to beat a good shot of humor after a long day's work...hahaha.
I think I'll have to go with the "commando" upper triple clamp because anything kevlar/carbon/composite should attract the chicks. I decided against the mark 19, as recoil wouldn't definetely be an issue. I think a good electronic countermeasures system would be a good idea to weed off those pesky heat seeking and radar guided missiles. Besides, being able to dispense some chaff or flares at your buddies when they try to pass you, would make for a good joke. As far as wearing a vest, do ya think Fox, or Oneal might make me a set of desert camo, full kevlar motorcross pants and jersey?...Or maybe Scott could come up with model 89 night-vision goggles???...the possibilities are endless...8^)

• Rokatt88

Posted July 29, 2002 - 02:18 PM

Billy, You could paint your Pig black and get a Batman suit...that would be kinda Stealthy! But then again, they might mistake you for a Freestyler and they'd try to frag you for shure!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.