New bars and triple clamp recommendations

13 replies to this topic
  • Victor Champion

Posted October 17, 2004 - 12:51 PM

Bent the stock steel bars on my recently aquired 2001 WR426F.
Looking to upgrade the bars and get a new triple clamp to move them forward a bit. I feel a bit cramped in the stock cockpit. Looking at Applied, RG3 & Tru-Tech.

I need bar and triple clamp recommendations.
I just getting back to riding after about 20 years.
I'm 6 feet tall weigh 190 and ride pretty hard.
Mostly Desert riding but I will see mountain singletrack and the Dunes on ocassion.

Thanks
Eric

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 17, 2004 - 01:33 PM

BRP, Scotts, Pro Tapers. :cry:

• Victor Champion

Posted October 17, 2004 - 04:46 PM

Will this fit my 2001 WR426F?

ANSWER PRO TAPER TOP TRIPLE CLAMP MOUNTING KITS

Pro taper triple clamp

I like the design & adjustability.

Thanks,
Eric

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 17, 2004 - 05:35 PM

It should. :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted October 17, 2004 - 05:36 PM

I really like my Tag Privateer kit. Comes with top triple clamp that has 4 different position of up to 20 mm forward and tapered bars and grips. Only cost about 250 at the local stealer. Can't go wrong and is way less money then your other options. Most TC are 250 alone and you still need the mounts, bars, and grips. :cry:

• WR426madness

Posted October 17, 2004 - 06:45 PM

Dude what ever you get make sure the clamp has at least a 22mm forward offset, (mine is at 25) and get a RC bend or equivelent and you won't be sorry. :cry:
Check the link last four pics.
My web page

• Victor Champion

Posted October 18, 2004 - 02:40 PM

Any other recommendations?
(I think I might go with the T2 privateer kit)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 19, 2004 - 08:23 AM

Eric, I had the Protaper adjustable ones on my 450, I loved them. I like to move all around my bike and by setting the bars forward really opened up feel of the bike.
I just opened up my new Dirtrider and saw an ad for "Longhorn" hardware. They're sold at www.Rockymountainmc.com It looks like they completely ripped off the PT design but you can't beat that price...

Check it out...

Dan

• Victor Champion

Posted October 19, 2004 - 09:22 AM

I saw that also. Didn't know about the quality. I may give it a second thought. :cry:

• bigdrtrdr

Posted October 19, 2004 - 09:39 AM

Check out www.brpit.com
Super quality and service.
Get the rubber mounts you will love em
Eric

• Victor Champion

Posted October 19, 2004 - 09:56 AM

HANDLEBAR~Longhorn+Adjustable+Big+Bar+Triple+Clamps~178990C~~~~0' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Longhorn Triple Clamp
Will the triple clamp for the Yamaha YZ426F 00-02 fit a 2001 WR426F?

• Jackazz

Posted October 19, 2004 - 01:00 PM

I went through this awhile ago on my 04, the same time a couple other guys on here did. Mine is an 04, but I think they do them to fit your bike as well.

See info in this thread.

• DesertChris

Posted October 19, 2004 - 02:32 PM

They don't list them in the 00-02 WR because of the odometer and the light mounts. If you're still running these fabricating some mounts to make them work is fairly easy. Here is another option if you're thinking about running a stabilizer, it will mount either Scotts or GPR on the same bar clamp. www.dh1racing.com

• bfly

Posted October 20, 2004 - 06:02 AM

RTT - ProTaper

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.