Fair price on '03 WR (and introduction)

6 replies to this topic
  • svracer

Posted October 17, 2004 - 05:41 AM

Hello, this is my first post. I met mathprof at Aztec yesterday and he gave me tons of help (thanks, man!) I did some road racing for a number of years on an sv650, but it got way to expensive... spent most of my time in the last year at ADVRider.com (r1150gs). So, now I'm thinking about doing some enduro and supermoto.

My brother's got an '03 wr450f that I've been riding for the last month after he hurt himself on his dl650. I love it, and it's still essentially stock! He's trying to sell it, and I'm wondering what would a "friend price" be for this bike? I love the bike, but I'm still considering the more affordable wr250f, wr426, drz, etc... any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

• beezer

Posted October 17, 2004 - 07:19 AM

A brother price sounds like about 3000 if it has the updated starter.

The WR450 would make a sweet supermoto bike. The others you mentioned wouldn't be as fast.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 17, 2004 - 08:45 AM

I recently sold my 03' WR450 with a plate for 5250.00 I had three guys fighting over it and I didn't budge on the price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 17, 2004 - 01:42 PM

$4,000. is about right for a 2 year old WR450 in good shape. :cry:

• tl1ks

Posted October 19, 2004 - 08:13 AM

I got my 03WR last year.. it had 30 miles on it.. and it was BONE STOCK..

it came with pro-Tapers, and cycra's (not installed)

I got it from a buddy.. buddy price was $4500 last year..

• svracer

Posted October 21, 2004 - 03:49 AM

Thank you all for the help. I wasn't considering the bike because I thought it would cost a lot more than that... can somebody tell me what some sellers at Cycletrader are smoking??? :cry:

Posted October 21, 2004 - 04:52 AM

It depends on where you live..... Supply and demand. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.