Race motor on pump gas!

2 replies to this topic
  • orcmike

Posted October 16, 2004 - 08:00 PM

Hey gang,

Just got my ‘03 WR450 back from Big Gun Exhaust and all I can say is, WOW! Mike “Big Gun” Young called me a month or two ago telling me he could make the WR haul the mail while still running ‘pump gas’.

A bit skeptical I took him up on the offer and it turns out it was no BS! After break in I found myself having to ride a gear taller just to keep the rear wheel from spinning! The WR will be put to the test by the current class 21 Baja championship DP Racing team next weekend. Look for articles on ORC (www.off-road.com/dirtbike) in the coming months.

Mods done by Big Gun:

YZ Cams
Titanium spring top kit
Port Head
Radius Seats and Back cut valves
Squish Head Chamber
Set Up
Wiesco Piston
Thermal Dynamic Head Dissipating Coating for head
YZ/WR 450 Low Boy ‘Big Gun’ exhausts System

Mike Hobbs

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtryder52

Posted October 17, 2004 - 09:15 AM

nice how much is it to port the head?

• orcmike

Posted October 17, 2004 - 09:36 AM

$250.00 if you send them the head.

nice how much is it to port the head?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.