magura clutch

5 replies to this topic
  • sportbiker929

Posted October 16, 2004 - 06:07 PM

Well I mounted the Magura clutch that i had on my CRF on my XR650R and it fits even better than it did on the 450. I must have routed the tube wrong because the plastic hydro tube touched my header and was cut like butter. No clutch.
Tube was no where to be found. But I did find steel braided line at a bike shop. Its the same stuff that they use on mountain bikes with hydro brakes. So got a couple of the fittings. The compression for the top and the barbed for the bottom. Bottom fit like a champ but the top didn't. Broke out my calipers and found the 2 tubes only different by .004. So I found the right size drill bit (3/16) and put it in my drill press and fitted the original master cylinder fitting in my little vise and bored it out. Fits like a glove and everything went together smoothly and works as good as before and looks even tricker. It should even last longer. The steel braided line was $4 a foot.
Mitch

• J_T

Posted October 16, 2004 - 07:04 PM

How universal are those things? There are a handful on Ebay off of other bikes but some CRF450 and CRF250 and some others that look like a similar slave cylinder? and they are at tops 170 vs srcinc.net's 240? Maybe more trouble than its worth? Just looking around...

JT

• sportbiker929

Posted October 17, 2004 - 04:46 AM

Mine was from my CRF450. A CRF maguura clutch fits and works fine. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sportbiker929

Posted October 17, 2004 - 06:40 PM

update, CRF clutch does not just bolt on.

• J_T

Posted October 17, 2004 - 07:28 PM

Uh Oh? Something happen or not happen?

:cry:

• sportbiker929

Posted October 18, 2004 - 06:16 PM

clutch slips horribly with the CRF slave cylinder. Need longer pull rod or shorter mount. Also need a collet on the lower end. It will work, just not a bolt on.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.