xr 650 2002

6 replies to this topic
  • brady

Posted July 22, 2002 - 05:52 AM

ok here is the problem,my father in law bought a new xr 650 and had the hot kit put on it, the thing is , it starts great when its cold but once you start it and if you happen to stall it the thing wont fire. we would clear the thing and it would fire with the choke on but as soon as you would take the choke off to kick it it would flood and drain out the bottom. we must have kick the thing 50 times. what could be the problem? could the float be stuck?

• XRider

Posted July 22, 2002 - 08:22 AM

I assume that you talking about the "power up Kit" (Competition needle, main jet, intake manifold, etc.)?

Did you install new exhaust or the competition baffle?

Did you remove both air box plugs?

I have experienced a problem with mine when it was getting more air than it needed and would only run on half choke.

I am no expert though.

• PowerCell

Posted July 22, 2002 - 09:09 PM

That's the "Full Power Kit". The Power-Up kit is H/C piston, Cam, HD cam chain, etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerCell

Posted July 22, 2002 - 09:14 PM

That's the "Full Power Kit". The Power-Up kit is H/C piston, Cam, HD cam chain, etc.

• XRider

Posted July 22, 2002 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the correction. So many people call it different things.

• qadsan

Posted July 22, 2002 - 10:40 AM

Originally posted by PowerCell:

The full Power Up Kit PN# is "06130-NLB-010" and includes the following components.

Gasket, Right Cover
Gasket, Cylinder
Gasket, Cylinder Head
Piston
Piston Ring Set
Piston Pin
Clip, Piston Pin
Camshaft Assy.
Sprocket, Timing
Sprocket, Cam
Chain, Cam
Guide, Cam chain
Tensioner, Cam Chain
Lifter Assy, Tensioner
Gasket, Tensioner Lifter
Spring, Clutch
Spark Plug R7113-10
Spark Plug R7113-9
Rubber, Stud
Bolt, Flange 6x25
Needle Jet set
Jet, Main # 180
Jet, Main # 182
Jet, Main # 185
Jet, Main # 188
Jet, Main # 190

Here's a picture of it...

http://www.serviceho...0r_power_up.htm

• PowerCell

Posted July 22, 2002 - 11:41 AM

Thanks qadsan! I was currious as to exactly what came in the kit. Pretty dam complete I'd say...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.